My white EH-50

Rate this topic

Nice pics and thanks for sharing them. Is the EH50 full metal and why pick an EH50 when you have an EH1? well I dont know, the portability is so important :P

No, it is plastic. I got this while I have the chance (to tie in with my brother's Japan trip) and also to act as a warhorse unit as I loved my EH1 so much that I want to prolong its wear & tear.

Btw, did your EH1 arrive yet?

How is the sound quality of this player ?

Since it has the HD digital amp, one would think that it sounds similar to units with the HD digital amp, no? ;)

I can see this as being a good player for someone with the NH900 and RH(9)10 - gumstick; and the EH1 for people with NH1/NH3D/DH10P - lithium ion. The plastic body is kind of a turn-off for me, but the AA attachment is a reason I'd look into this unit. Since you have both the EH50 (plastic) and EH1 (slimmer but metal), which one "feels" heavier or is there no difference?

Whats the difference between the EH1 and EH50? Where did you get the EH50 BTW?

For starters, the EH1 is brushed aluminum and slimmer, no AA attachment, Li-ion battery, and has the 40ELK. Audiocubes has the EH50 in all 4 colors.

I'm unable to detect any sound quality difference when compared with EH1, and I guess any player with HD digital amp. The bass is a bit punchier than RH910, but only very marginal. If you are satisfied with the sound of EH1 and RH(9)10, then I suppose you won't be disappointed.

This unit is heavier and thicker than EH1 despite it is plastic though it still feels solid in my hand.

My brother bought this one for me during his recent Japan trip. (He used to travel to Japan about twice a year.)

Sadly, HiMD/MD format is fading away in HK and in fact I was rather surprised to see Sony HK still introduces RH1 here.

No, it is plastic. I got this while I have the chance (to tie in with my brother's Japan trip) and also to act as a warhorse unit as I loved my EH1 so much that I want to prolong its wear & tear.

Knowing that there's no more EH1 black units, you're probably right about the white one :ok:

Btw, did your EH1 arrive yet?

Thanks for asking but it havent arrived yet, I expect it next week. Mr. Kaneda from Pricejapan was very kind and helpful, he gave me the tracking number and he even changed the bill price so I pay lower taxes (26% is too much) ;)

Knowing that there's no more EH1 black units, you're probably right about the white one

The black EH1 is still available, but it's just expensive. Around US$322, not including shipping from Japan.

metal,

thanks for sharing pictures of the EH-50.

The sparkly walkman logo is somehow attractive. Like to colour co-ordinated white remote.

Did the blue case come with it too ?

How do you find the controls on the back of the unit?

Are they easily activated by mistake, I suppose you could just put them into the hold mode and use the remote instead.

Did the blue case come with it too ?

How do you find the controls on the back of the unit?

Are they easily activated by mistake, I suppose you could just put them into the hold mode and use the remote instead.

Actually, I forgot to mention the blue case is not included, some sort of a promotional item when purchased with MD blanks. And, before you ask, the 'Sony' logo is a fake. It is not a Sony product.

I never use the buttons on the unit, soley use the remote.

• 3 weeks later...