Buying LIP-4WM

Rate this topic

unignal

Haha, thats right I'm digging up an old thread! So how are those batteries working for you guys? I've personally concluded that these batteries are genuine but stolen by factory workers. Of course I maybe be very wrong. I just might buy from these ebayers, have to fight my urge to buy the more expensive ones.
The two I bought from eBay are still working great.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I have to say I am impressed. I'm sold on it. Hope that there is nothing wrong with them, thats why they are so cheap. Should I get 2 or 1 I think I only need one.

Unless you're picky about getting a plastic battery cover with the LIP4WM, then the eBay-bought batteries should be fine. Just a small note that I think they come in a plastic baggy and without a cover. Not a big deal I'm sure because of the savings you get, but just thought you should know.

Unless you're picky about getting a plastic battery cover with the LIP4WM, then the eBay-bought batteries should be fine. Just a small note that I think they come in a plastic baggy and without a cover. Not a big deal I'm sure because of the savings you get, but just thought you should know.

You're correct, the eBay batteries I bought didn't come with the plastic hardcases for the batteries that my boxed HiMD units came with.

There is always the option of getting the Macally IP-A481 which packs about 10 times the power at half the list price of the SONY LIon battery but is outboard. I just got mine, was referred to a Dutch review of one which shows huge increases in playing/recording time at half price. Seems pretty simple to me. Miy Macally is charging now. I will let you all know how it is working for me in a week or so.

Cheers. B)

• 2 weeks later...

Some guy is listing Sony LIP-4WM batteries @ $4.99US. $10 shipping.

Is this a scam?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-Lithium-Ion-Batte...5QQcmdZViewItem

Is this a scam?

On further review product is located in China. Seems it's legit. Buy it now price is $7 to $9. Ship @ $10. Long ways away.

Do ebay Search on LIP-4WM.

Is this a scam?

On further review product is located in China. Seems it's legit. Buy it now price is $7 to $9. Ship @ $10. Long ways away.

No scam. It's legit and that guy is liebflea's cousin - lol. :lol: If you go back to the older posts in this thread, you'll see what I mean (about liebflea). This whole thread is dedicated to the discussion of LIP4WM from China, particularly the seller, liebflea, but I'm guessing all Chinese sellers are similar (with their packaging and product) except for price. Whether those batteries are "real" or not is up to you to decide.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

You're correct, the eBay batteries I bought didn't come with the plastic hardcases for the batteries that my boxed HiMD units came with.

Okay, so has anyone ever actually come across either somewhere to get those plastic cases? (They are rather convenient...) Or some decent alternative to carry a couple of them safely?

Also in response to the comments about the safety or li-io batteries, somewhere else I saw a link for www.batteryuniverse.com, which turned out to be an excellent read, and if you've read this far (I think it took me about an hour to read all 6 pages of "Are the batteries safe? They seem too good to be true. I haven't had any problems with them" comments... :mega_shok: then I highly recommend reading about the Li-Io batteries from that website, or even getting the book the site is quoting...

There is always the option of getting the Macally IP-A481 which packs about 10 times the power at half the list price of the SONY LIon battery but is outboard. I just got mine, was referred to a Dutch review of one which shows huge increases in playing/recording time at half price. Seems pretty simple to me. Miy Macally is charging now. I will let you all know how it is working for me in a week or so.

Cheers. B)

How did that work for you?

Okay, and now for a slightly off topic, but not really comment. I have an old (stressing the word old) MD player, that I've been using since about 1995, back when they first came out in the US. I am looking to replace it, but haven't seen too much available in the US, since we were mostly all ignorant to such a wonderful device, and they never became the hit they are everywhere else... Any suggestions, I need it to be able to record live, and playback, so not too picky... I have an old (again... very old) mds unit, any news on a Hi-MD unit similar? Again, looking for news, since I don't use Windoze, any idea if Sony will be allowing .ogg files to be played on Hi-MD's? So, I recently purchased the MZ-DH10P which I love so far, but like everyone, am having issues with the battery, and with the charger. Is there a decent solution to actually charging the batteries, or am I just stuck with buying another device to use as a charge cradle? Also, is there anywhere (can't seem to find this specific cable) that I can buy a spare cable, so when I am at other locations, I can use the spare cable to connect to other's computers, or am I stuck with unplugging the cable any time I think I might need it? Okay, one last thing: Is there a way to charge without the charging cradle (again, for when I am at other locations...)? Thanks everybody for your insight and tests on those batteries...

Edited by gwystyl

So, I recently purchased the MZ-DH10P which I love so far, but like everyone, am having issues with the battery, and with the charger. Is there a decent solution to actually charging the batteries, or am I just stuck with buying another device to use as a charge cradle? Also, is there anywhere (can't seem to find this specific cable) that I can buy a spare cable, so when I am at other locations, I can use the spare cable to connect to other's computers, or am I stuck with unplugging the cable any time I think I might need it? Okay, one last thing: Is there a way to charge without the charging cradle (again, for when I am at other locations...)? Thanks everybody for your insight and tests on those batteries...

Congrats on the DH10P :)

I know of no other way to charge these LIPs other than the units themselves. A great reason to have an EXTRA unit! :D I use both a spare DH10P and an EH1 for my battery charging. Plus if you have many of the LIP-4WM batteries (I think I have like 8 of them), it doesn't seem as bad to have them handy for swapping out. Suprisingly the DH10P battery door is pretty good compared to like the RH10 or NH900. As far as the plastic cases go, you may have to find your own solution. I did for the gumsticks (see pic below), but I somehow have aquired enough of the plastic cases that I always have enough for my LIPs... mabye because I buy so many units - lol

batt1.jpg

batt2.jpg

And just to rub it in...

cases.jpg

cases2.jpg

How did that work for you?

In response to the question of how the Macally IP-A48? is working for me? Just great. Take it whenever I record. It is my electronic security blanket and way cheaper than the LiIon from SONY. You don't have to draw me a picture. B)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello everyone,

Do you know how to find/know the manufacturing date of a LIP4? I have checked with the one sold with my NH1, can't find any human understandable characters describing a date. Any help on that?

Here is my reason leading to that question : as you might know, Li-ion battery have a particular behaviour meaning even not in use they get "wore". That said if you buy one that has been in the store for 10 months manufactured 3 other months ago, the battery is really 13 months old. Then it's real life @ top perf will be between 11 to 23 months.

That's why I'm trying to find the store which the most alive stock around. Right now a chinese ebay seller seems the best with jan 09. Here is the list of great deal I found around LIP-4wm :

- http://www.smallbattery.company.org.uk/sbc_lip4wm.htm

- http://www.batteries-piles-chargeurs.com/b...5-0-0-130-1.htm

- chinese ebay vendor

Also do you know exactly which factories are producing the batteries for Sony?

Edited by JFK

My RH1 battery has FEH on it. I ordered a battery for $18 from libflea, and am waiting for it to arrive so I can look it over. I have a feeling that these are genuine, because if you look at the other Sony things he has for sale, they are also going for low prices compared to retail as well. I find it hard to believe that he is selling all kinds of knock-off Sony products that look virtually the same as their retail counterparts. What we seem to have here is a case of sale at reduced mark-up. Jewelry, for example is marked up considerably, and can be had much cheaper at outlets than at merchant retail stores.

Mexican Coca-Cola uses pure cane sugar, and US Coke uses high-fructose corn syrup. I happen to prefer Mexican Coke. ^_^

I wondered why that Mexican Coke tastes so good!!!!

• 2 weeks later...