GYM with a Sony Vaio Pocket

JSP62

Having problems with GYM ?  

1. 1. Are you having problems with getting GYM to work on your 'device'?

• Yes, it is driving me nuts!
    • No, it works like a charm!

Hello everyone.

I am one of the people who is having trouble with getting GYM to work. I have been troubleshooting the issue and found some intersting things. I am still learning how to use GYM, MP3 FM and a few others.

I just got my hands on a used Vaio Pocket (VP) and there songs that I wanted to keep. I thought installing and using the GYM software would help allow me to transport the files onto my PC. I have confirmed the songs on the VP are in fact MP3 format, according to SonicStage 3.3. For some reason GYM does not play these songs, but instead freezes.

Now I had tested and did the same exact processes with MY OWN songs from my PC transferred to the VP via "Vaio Music Transfer" software and repeated the GYM/MP3FM process. Low and behold MY SONGS played on GYM.

This being said, does this mean the songs that were not originally mine cannot be transfer to my computer via GYM ???

PS - I am really hoping someone with a VP can help answer this question for me.

PSS - I have put off making a post cause I was determined to figure this out, but after 3 days of troubleshooting I am throwing in the towel.

is it possible that the existing songs on the unit were ripped from CD to mp3 using Sonicstage, and that it added some sort of drm to it?

I've been using GYM with my Vaio Pocket (40gb version) since its inception, and have not had a problem at all.

See that is what I am thinking. Even though it is in MP3 format, perhaps it was done so through SS and DRM was upheld.

I just need to find someone in the same situation.

Stuge, do you by chance see anything that I am doing wrong?

Right Now I don`t see you are doing anything wrong With the Installation Of GYM.If you are following all the steps given on the GYM installation page then all i can then I `m afraid to say that your luck isn`t working with you right now ..But Keep try ..`

See that is what I am thinking. Even though it is in MP3 format, perhaps it was done so through SS and DRM was upheld.

I just need to find someone in the same situation.

It doesn`t matter whether you transfer your songs via Sonic Stage ver3.3 ,Mp3 file manager ver2 or Vaio Pocket tranfer Gym Still works.

• 4 weeks later...

:D

Update,

I can get GYM to work, I am not sure what I was doing wrong. I was able to get it working after a 2 month hiatus of not dealing with it.

NEW PROBLEM, can't get files to play on GYM at work!! UUUGGGG!

• 8 months later...

Hye everybody, I am new to your forum but not new to GYM.

I just want to share my experience:

I have a Vaio Pocket (the perfect sound) for more than 1 year now, and Gym for 6 month. And I never had any problem. it's working fine for me.

The only thinks that don't work is...the bookmark...but who care? not me...

this GYM software is 100 times better that SS.

OK, that's all.

A yes something more...when there is a new version of GYM can you please make a new treath?

Thank to all of you..