TDK "わ" [WA] 2006 Discs

Christopher

TDK Japan has updated their MD Media info page with a new sublime MD media series. Pictures can be found within..+++

TDK "わ" [WA] | 2006 Series

TDK Japan has updated their MD Media info page with a new sublime MD media series. This new series is simply known as "わ" or WA; and it's available in both 74min and 80min variant - 5pack and 10pack.

IPB Image

IPB ImageIPB Image

IPB ImageIPB Image

IPB Image

[...] and it's available in both 74min and 80min variant [...]

Just wondering, why do they still make 74 minute discs? Is there any real reason for it, or do they just do it because they still have a 74 min production line available, which they want to keep running for as long as possible?

Just wondering, why do they still make 74 minute discs? Is there any real reason for it, or do they just do it because they still have a 74 min production line available, which they want to keep running for as long as possible?

Is there early MD equipment that can't use the 80-minute discs?

I would guess that it helps to have a cheaper and a more expensive option for md users, the 74 and 80 min discs. It also might appeal more to Dj's who want a a smaller or larger amount of playback time depending on their playlists better. Mostly i just think its just offering a choice. The 74 min pack of 5 can be about 5 dollars cheaper. A long time ago, i might buy the odd single md, it was bout a dollar cheaper for the 74 min disc. When i buy a ten or five pack i get the 80 min. So, i used to but dont bother with 74 min anymore.just my two cents.

Of course, the real question is, "when and where can I get these?"

The "わ" series is now available for sale in Japan; and I've acquired them a few days ago. For those not in Japan, you should be able to get them via MiniDisc e-store such as Bluetin or MiniDisc Access shortly.

i use 80 ONLY for capturing music/audio off the music channels on Cable (Digitally).. IMO the 80 min discs are worth sh*t.. i use them for editing but NOT to go out and DJ with..

like,, i have more problems with the 80 min unzz..

so,, i only DJ (DJ'd,, yes i did retire) with 74 min MD discs;; they are much more reliable IMO..

Aye Alfie, over the weekend I dropped by Yodobashi and Yodobashi Outlet in Kawasaki and only saw 10 packs; same as in Yokohama and Akiba. I did find 5-packs at the Shinjuku Bic Camera. Go out the north exit and turn right. About 50 meters past the exit is the Odakyu building and Bic Camera is on the third floor. They have five and ten packs in 74 and 80 minute discs.

The "わ" series is now available for sale in Japan; and I've acquired them a few days ago. For those not in Japan, you should be able to get them via MiniDisc e-store such as Bluetin or MiniDisc Access shortly.

I wish minidisco get them soon. The last MD models TDK made haven't made their way to the usual MD/japanese import sites yet (as far as I se). I would buy a bunch of these, or even better anyone from Japan can get them 4 a brother.

• 5 weeks later...

I did find 5-packs at the Shinjuku Bic Camera. Go out the north exit and turn right. About 50 meters past the exit is the Odakyu building and Bic Camera is on the third floor. They have five and ten packs in 74 and 80 minute discs.

Hi, could you advise the product number of 80 mins disc 5 or 10 packs? I've tried to search these in Bic Camera website but unsuccessful. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...