Potential Phishing attack on mindisc.org forum?

Don't misunderstand me but today, everytime I open any link on the forum a window from KASPERSKY opens with this:

[attachmentid=1898]

[attachmentid=1899]

When I try to find out something of the page, the kaspersky tells me

Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0

The requested URL http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js is forbidden. Of course I have told the suite to deny this page.

It's really strange. What do you think?

thanks

post-6668-1153648444_thumb.jpg

post-6668-1153648462_thumb.jpg

Edited by dogville

It just seems to be complaining about the google ad's - I'm not sure if there is anything malicious in there. The phishing filter in IE7 says it's ok. Dunno if this is just Kapersky that reacts to them in this way? - You say this has only started today?

It just seems to be complaining about the google ad's - I'm not sure if there is anything malicious in there. The phishing filter in IE7 says it's ok. Dunno if this is just Kapersky that reacts to them in this way? - You say this has only started today?

Yes, and not only on the forum page. I usually visit the page www.forodvd.com and the kaspersky reacts the same way. May be it is not phishing but the suite detects it so. If this goes on, I think I'm going to say "allow" to this kaspersky warning.

If I open the link with internet explorer 6, it tells me If I want to open or save the file:

show_ads.js

If I write the address on the firefox, it opens this:

(function(){

function m(B){return b!=null?'"'+b+'"':'""'}

function B(B){if(typeof encodeURIComponent=="function"){return encodeURIComponent(B)}else{return escape(B)}}

function c(b,a){if(a){window.google_ad_url+="&"+b+"="+a}}

function f(b,a){if(a){c(b,B(a))}}

function l(b,a,d){if(a&&typeof a=="object"){a=a[d%a.length]}c("color_"+b,a)}

function D(b,a){var d=b.screen;var g=navigator.javaEnabled();var e=-a.getTimezoneOffset();if(d){c("u_h",d.height);c("u_w",d.width);c("u_ah",d.availHeight);c("u_aw",d.availWidth);c("u_cd",d.colorDepth)}c("u_tz",e);c("u_his",history.length);c("u_java",g);if(navigator.plugins){c("u_nplug",navigator.plugins.length)}if(navigator.mimeTypes){c("u_nmime",navigator.mimeTypes.length)}}

function y(B){b=b.toLowerCase();if(b.substring(0,3)!="ca-"){b="ca-"+b}return b}

function G(b,a,d){d=d.substring(0,1000);d=d.replace(/%\w?$/,"");if(b.google_ad_output=="js"&&(b.google_ad_request_done||b.google_radlink_request_done)){a.write('<script language="JavaScript1.1" src='+m(d)+"><\/script>")}else if(b.google_ad_output=="html"){if(b.name!="google_ads_frame"){a.write('<iframe name="google_ads_frame" width='+m(b.google_ad_width)+" height="+m(b.google_ad_height)+" frameborder="+m(b.google_ad_frameborder)+" src="+m(d)+' marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no">'

);a.write("</iframe>")}}else if(b.google_ad_output=="textlink"){a.write('<script language="JavaScript1.1" src='+m(d)+"><\/script>")}}

function F(B){var a=null;b.google_ad_frameborder=a;b.google_ad_format=a;b.google_page_url=a;b.google_language=a;b.google_gl=a;b.google_country=a;b.google_region=a;b.google_city=a;b.google_hints=a;b.google_safe=a;b.google_encoding=a;b.google_ad_output=a;b.google_max_num_ads=a;b.google_ad_channel=a;b.google_contents=a;b.google_alternate_ad_url=a;b.google_alternate_color=a;b.google_color_bg=a;b.google_color_text=a;b.google_color_link=a;b.google_color_url=a;b.google_color_border=a;b.google_color_line=

a;b.google_adtest=a;b.google_kw_type=a;b.google_kw=a;b.google_num_radlinks=a;b.google_max_radlink_len=a;b.google_rl_filtering=a;b.google_rl_mode=a;b.google_rt=a;b.google_ad_type=a;b.google_image_size=a;b.google_feedback=a;b.google_skip=a;b.google_page_location=a;b.google_referrer_url=a;b.google_ad_region=a;b.google_ad_section=a;b.google_bid=a;b.google_cpa_choice=a;b.google_cust_age=a;b.google_cust_gender=a;b.google_cust_interests=a;b.google_cust_id=a;b.google_cust_job=a}

function A(){var b=null;var a=window;var d=document;var g=new Date;var e=g.getTime();var j=a.google_ad_format;if(a.google_cpa_choice){a.google_ad_url="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/cpa/ads?";a.google_ad_url+="client="+escape(y(a.google_ad_client));a.google_ad_region="_google_cpa_region_";c("cpa_choice",a.google_cpa_choice);if(typeof d.characterSet!="undefined"){f("oe",d.characterSet)}else if(typeof d.charset!="undefined"){f("oe",d.charset)}}else{a.google_ad_url="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/ads?"

;a.google_ad_url+="client="+escape(y(a.google_ad_client))}var k=a.google_num_slots_by_client;var w=a.google_num_slots_by_channel;var i=a.google_prev_ad_formats_by_region;a.onerror=a.google_org_error_handler;if(a.google_ad_region==b&&a.google_ad_section!=B){a.google_ad_region=a.google_ad_section}var h=a.google_ad_region==b?"":a.google_ad_region;var q=false;if(j){q=j.indexOf("_0ads")>0}if(q){if(a.google_num_0ad_slots){a.google_num_0ad_slots=a.google_num_0ad_slots+1}else{a.google_num_0ad_slots=1}if(

a.google_num_0ad_slots>1){return}}else if(!a.google_cpa_choice){if(a.google_num_ad_slots){a.google_num_ad_slots=a.google_num_ad_slots+1}else{a.google_num_ad_slots=1}if(a.google_num_slots_to_rotate){i[h]=b;if(a.google_num_slot_to_show==B){a.google_num_slot_to_show=e%a.google_num_slots_to_rotate+1}if(a.google_num_slot_to_show!=a.google_num_ad_slots){return}}else if(a.google_num_ad_slots>3&&h==""){return}}c("dt",g.getTime());c("hl",a.google_language);if(a.google_country){c("gl",a.google_country)}else{

c("gl",a.google_gl)}c("gr",a.google_region);f("gcs",a.google_city);f("hints",a.google_hints);c("adsafe",a.google_safe);c("oe",a.google_encoding);c("lmt",a.google_last_modified_time);f("alternate_ad_url",a.google_alternate_ad_url);c("alt_color",a.google_alternate_color);c("skip",a.google_skip);var n=a.google_ad_client;if(!k[n]){k[n]=1;k.length+=1}else{k[n]+=1}if(i[h]){f("prev_fmts",i[h].toLowerCase());if(k.length>1){c("slot",k[n])}}if(j){f("format",j.toLowerCase());if(i[h]){i[h]=i[h]+","+j}else{i[

h]=j}}c("num_ads",a.google_max_num_ads);c("output",a.google_ad_output);c("adtest",a.google_adtest);if(a.google_ad_channel){var r=a.google_ad_channel.toLowerCase();f("channel",r);var s="";var t=r.split("+");for(var o=0;o<t.length;o++){var p=t[o];if(!w[p]){w[p]=1}else{s+=p+"+"}}f("pv_ch",s)}f("url",a.google_page_url);l("bg",a.google_color_bg,e);l("text",a.google_color_text,e);l("link",a.google_color_link,e);l("url",a.google_color_url,e);l("border",a.google_color_border,e);l("line",a.google_color_line,

e);c("kw_type",a.google_kw_type);f("kw",a.google_kw);f("contents",a.google_contents);c("num_radlinks",a.google_num_radlinks);c("max_radlink_len",a.google_max_radlink_len);c("rl_filtering",a.google_rl_filtering);c("rl_mode",a.google_rl_mode);c("rt",a.google_rt);c("ad_type",a.google_ad_type);c("image_size",a.google_image_size);c("region",a.google_ad_region);c("feedback_link",a.google_feedback);f("ref",a.google_referrer_url);f("loc",a.google_page_location);c("bid",a.google_bid);c("cust_age",a.google_cust_age)

;c("cust_gender",a.google_cust_gender);c("cust_interests",a.google_cust_interests);c("cust_id",a.google_cust_id);c("cust_job",a.google_cust_job);if(z(a,d)&&d.body){var u=d.body.scrollHeight;var v=d.body.clientHeight;if(v&&u){f("cc",Math.round(v*100/u))}}D(a,g);G(a,d,a.google_ad_url);F(a)}

function C(b,a,d){A();return true}

function z(b,a){return b.top.location==a.location}

function x(b,a){var d=a.documentElement;if(z(b,a))return false;if(b.google_ad_width&&b.google_ad_height){var g=1;var e=1;if(b.innerHeight){g=b.innerWidth;e=b.innerHeight}else if(d&&d.clientHeight){g=d.clientWidth;e=d.clientHeight}else if(a.body){g=a.body.clientWidth;e=a.body.clientHeight}if(e>2*b.google_ad_height||g>2*b.google_ad_width){return false}}return true}

function E(){var b=window;var a=document;var d=a.location;var g=a.referrer;var e=null;b.google_org_error_handler=b.onerror;b.onerror=C;if(b.google_ad_frameborder==e){b.google_ad_frameborder=0}if(b.google_ad_output==e){b.google_ad_output="html"}if(b.google_ad_format==e&&b.google_ad_output=="html"){b.google_ad_format=b.google_ad_width+"x"+b.google_ad_height}if(b.google_page_url==e){b.google_page_url=g;if(!x(b,a)){b.google_page_url=d;b.google_last_modified_time=Date.parse(a.lastModified)/1000;b.google_referrer_url=

g}}else{b.google_page_location=g;if(!x(b,a)){b.google_page_location=d}}if(b.google_num_slots_by_channel==e){b.google_num_slots_by_channel=new Array}if(b.google_num_slots_by_client==e){b.google_num_slots_by_client=new Array}if(b.google_prev_ad_formats_by_region==e){b.google_prev_ad_formats_by_region=new Array}}

E();A();

})()

Thank you very much for your kind help ;)

I think Kapersky must have updated their definitions to flag these google ads as potential hazards as they may contain tracking cookies or something. I don't think it is anything that is going to record any more personal details other than region etc.. to be used to talior the ads themselves.

Maybe you are right. The problems is that I have to be all the time clicking "deny" and it's a nuisance. I will phone kaspersky tomorrow to see if there's a solution.

offtopic: Kaspersky is the best anti everything of all :D:P

Edited by dogville