Message to Moderators/Owners of MDCF

theblueraja

I don't know if anyone else has touched on this topic, but I'll be bold. I understand that to keep things running here you need to post ads, etc... but is it possible to downsize the ever-annoying header that on a 1024x768 screen takes up almost the entire page EACH time you load a thread/topic here? Perhaps a more horizontal alignment of those 4 pics of the MD players/discs would help?

I know I'll lose points for mentioning these things, but the load time and ease of use of other forums makes me visit them more often. This forum also takes much longer to load, and seems to allow more posts per page, thus making longer load times also... perhaps the number of posts per page could be minimized? It is very frustrating to get to the page, watch the four pics appear, then have to scroll down every time.

Please don't take offense, these are all suggestions, and I'm speaking my mind, not trying to change the world.

How about you put all those ads at the BOTTOM of the page, or did you promise the current location to the vendors?

Thanks.

I don't know if anyone else has touched on this topic, but I'll be bold. I understand that to keep things running here you need to post ads, etc... but is it possible to downsize the ever-annoying header that on a 1024x768 screen takes up almost the entire page EACH time you load a thread/topic here? Perhaps a more horizontal alignment of those 4 pics of the MD players/discs would help?

I know I'll lose points for mentioning these things, but the load time and ease of use of other forums makes me visit them more often. This forum also takes much longer to load, and seems to allow more posts per page, thus making longer load times also... perhaps the number of posts per page could be minimized? It is very frustrating to get to the page, watch the four pics appear, then have to scroll down every time.

Please don't take offense, these are all suggestions, and I'm speaking my mind, not trying to change the world.

How about you put all those ads at the BOTTOM of the page, or did you promise the current location to the vendors?

Thanks.

if u put it at the bottom then no one would see them, these people pay for their advertising space. i just ignore them. not that i want them either, but they keep the MDCF running so me and u dont have to pay for visiting site.

but yeah, i agree it should go all the way across the top.

u should also PM the administrator of this site, which i beleive is Kurisu

Edited by sector001

if u put it at the bottom then no one would see them, these people pay for their advertising space.

Actually, I beleve google adds are pay-per-click, not by beein' there.

They don't bother me there too much. And alot of the time, there are some intresting ones up there that I click :lol:

Edited by danielbb90

Actually, I beleve google adds are pay-per-click, not by beein' there.

That is what I thought, too. If not, then I don't feel so bad for unintentionally upping their bill a little when I clicked on some accidentally.

(in reference to where I have been) I'm also creating websites for local companies these days. The joys of creating websites..

The reason we have the big ads there is because they return the most money. I need that money so I can go to Vegas for CES '07. Load times here are minimal..the extra javascript isn't making that big of an impact.