Sony Insider Forums
Ishiyoshi

TDK MD | XA PRO

'extra quality disc' whats it mean by that?

It can't be sq, is it more durable or something?

Thanks for the pictorial! ;)

I'm usually more partial to the "pretty" discs, but there's something very cool about this one. Nice pics, as usual, Ishiyoshi!

'extra quality disc' whats it mean by that?

It can't be sq, is it more durable or something?

Thanks for the pictorial! ;)

For an Unknown reason, when you record by digital toslink, and the rec level set to automatic, The music level is higher with this MD than the exact same recording with any other MD media

It should be from the same series; with updated wrapper design. Anyhow, you should be able to confirm by referring to the back of the package which will have discernable information regarding the ARTS shell employed exclusively by the “XA PRO” series.

Note: read post #9 for clarification.

Opps... I apologize for not reading Tommy's post thoroughly. AXIA's parent company is Fujifilm, thus not the as TDK. So, the simple answer to Tommy's query: AXIA MD Pro series is not the same as TDK XA Pro. As far as I know, AXIA's MD Pro is not in the same league as TDK's XA Pro. Once again, I apologize for the mistake. :)

is that cast aluminum stuck between the clear plastic?! And, I thought TDK only did that on their premium Metal-position tapes! Is anyone itching to part with one?

Can these TDK pros be bought anywhere NOW?? I take it since they're only 60min they are old... I'd rather have 74 or 80min, but I still love the look... if anyone knows where to buy them, please post a LINK!! Thanks :D

Can these TDK pros be bought anywhere NOW?? I take it since they're only 60min they are old... I'd rather have 74 or 80min, but I still love the look... if anyone knows where to buy them, please post a LINK!! Thanks :D

I picked up a set of 3 recently from eBay (1 x 60, 1x 74, 1x 80). I'm not sure if they are still available in stores in Japan.

For an Unknown reason, when you record by digital toslink, and the rec level set to automatic, The music level is higher with this MD than the exact same recording with any other MD media

:blink: wtf? Does that make sense? :unsure:

Tdk Xa pro is so high in design that only Sony Md-z (md2000) can compare

Xa pro is still avaible in Japan in 74 minuts.

Xa pro was also avaible in Europe but is no longer

in europe it was called Md-rxg pro

Hope is ok i post this pictures for referance comparing them to Xa pro.

Not sure why but i think the european version look cooler.

IPB ImageIPB Image

Edited by ILoveMinidisc

Yeah, I just got two of these recently and was rather sad to find out they were all PLASTIC... I mean by the pics I thought the casing was metal. However, it was cool to find a CLEAR window in the back ;)