Sonicstage 4.0 CP Full Installer

Christopher

Minidisc.org is pleased to announce a complete standalone installation file for Sonicstage CP 4.0, allowing you to install the program on Windows computers lacking a connection to the Internet. Simple Burner 2 with PCM support is also bundled. You must be a registered member of the forum (free, takes under a minute) to access the download.+++

File graciously hosted by our excellent and HIGHLY recommended webhosting friends at:

IPB Image

If you are a registered member of the forums (free, takes under a minute to complete), you can access this download in our downloads section, directly available here:

http://forums.minidisc.org/downloads/details.php?file=21

A big thank you to Daijoubu for putting this together.

There's a bug when you try to install it over previously installed SS

I've fixed it and made a couple of small change to the installer, v. 1.13

It will be up soon, by the meantime, make sure to uninstall SS first

Edited by Daijoubu

There's a bug when you try to install it over previously installed SS

I've fixed it and made a couple of small change to the installer, v. 1.13

It will be up soon, by the meantime, make sure to uninstall SS first

When can we expect the new version be uploaded? ;)

Edited by danielbb90

A quick Question, does this version have the connect store?

Edit: :( It Does, is there a chance of having one without connect store?

You can remove the Connect Music Service module by deleting the EMD entry within SonicStage's registry. Proceed accordingly as outlined below:

--> click Start-->Run-->type "regedit"

--> locate "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sony Corporation\SonicStage\EMD"; then delete it.

That should take care of it. If you have any other queries pertaining to this issue, please create a new thread within "Software" section and we will assist you accordingly.

Good luck.

You can remove the Connect Music Service module by deleting the EMD entry within SonicStage's registry. Proceed accordingly as outlined below:

--> locate "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sony Corporation\SonicStage\EMD"; then delete it.

sorry but it makes more sence witout it as it is an offline installer lol

sorry but it makes more sence witout it as it is an offline installer lol

I have a 25 meg RAR of v4.0 that I removed Connect from, if anyone wants it.

Support for AAC may be missing as well, but as I have no use for that format I didn't check.

It has to be installed manually and there are 5 setup files to run. Everything works fine for my use, which is mainly transferring MP3's to minidisc. (Although I'm using v3.4 at the moment, but that's another story. :) )

Hi

Is there anything new on the SIMPLE BURNER, any new update?. For me is an awful tool because it always crashes on uploding to the RH-1.

I wish sony had released a tool to upload directly from CD to HI-MD without passing through Sonicstage. In my case it would be gorgeous because SB works very very bad on my computer.

cheeres ;)

Edited by dogville

• 2 weeks later...

I have just installed Sonic Stage version 2.1 as this is my first attempt to upload from my MZ NH700.(So I'm working from the manual in fact.) So I gotta ask, being such a newbie: do I uninstall my 2.1 version and install the 4.0? Does it team with the NH700?

Is that the way I should go?

dave riley

I've just got myself a new MZ-NH700 and I'm connecting and uploading for the first time after installing Sonic Stage 2.1

Do I NOW uninstall it, download the Sonic Stage 4.0 and proceed? I mean is it OK to use the 4.0 with the MZ-NH700?

dave riley

That should take care of it. If you have any other queries pertaining to this issue, please create a new thread within "Software" section and we will assist you accordingly.

Good luck.

Alternately you can go deeper to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sony Corporation\SonicStage\EMD\HomeURL\0

And Set:

MenuTitle - MiniDisc &Community Forums

Title - MiniDisc Community Forums

Url - http://forums.minidisc.org/

Now nstead of the connect store you have the forums! :)

Edit: If you get script errors that kick you off the forums and to a Connect error page, go here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sony Corporation\SonicStage\EMD\

And delete the key "ErrorURL"

Edited by raintheory

So I gotta ask, being such a newbie: do I uninstall my 2.1 version and install the 4.0? Does it team with the NH700?

Absolutely. 4.0 will be better in every way--including, most important, that you will be able to upload material from the same disc multiple times. With 2.1, you only got one chance at an upload and it would mark the material as not uploadable a second time. 2.1 also had lots of bugs. So please, uninstall 2.1 as soon as you can and install 4.0.

Here is a link to Sony's own full installer, which was on Sony's FTP site.

http://s23.quicksharing.com/v/9374647/Soni...200_UN.exe.html

Or use the one for the MDCF installer in Downloads.

Edited by A440

• 1 month later...

Hi, I have read countless pages on this forum trying to solve my sonic stage problems, with no luck. I recently got the nh900 that had SS 2.1. I installed that, but when I went to open the program there was just a "big black box" of a window.

So I came online, downloaded 4.2, and got the omgjbox error on the list, while trying to open SS. So I went through all the steps, uninstalled, cleaned, restarted, disabled, downloaded, ect ect and then I got the next problem on the list, the installer issue.. But I had a different issue with this one.

So after re-installing 4.2, I was restarting my computer (XP by the way) and the install wizard started running before anything else loaded up on my computer. It seemed to be working, but then I got a message that the path to the driver was wrong and that I would have to "find the correct one" which didn't happen. So I tried the steps to correct this problem, but had the same issue.

Is there ANY other way I can just get my recorded tracks onto the computer? Why does Sony suck so bad?

Is there ANY other way I can just get my recorded tracks onto the computer?

Sure, you can pretend you don't have a Hi-MD and record them in realtime.

http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?showtopic=7070

Otherwise, it's SonicStage only. The black box problem sounds like you have skinning software installed--it has to be disabled. Beyond that, why don't you start a new Software query with information on what hardware you're using, what Windows you're using, what steps you have taken.

For instance, have you COMPLETELY uninstalled 2.1 according to these steps?

http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?showtopic=8071

Try that, and then install a 4.x version one more time and see if it works.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a NetMD/SonicStage neophyte and have been trying to upload personal audio recordings (recorded on a MZ-R30) using a Sharp NetMD (IMDR410H with USB connection). I have just downloaded SonicStage 2.0 but have not been able to transfer any files. Instead I get "an error occurred, unable to transfer to the computer". I just found the community forum which recommends SonicStage 4.0.. However, before I download this, I would like to find out where the major problem lies. I read that files cannot be uploaded from NetMDs to PCs unless they were recorded on the machine itself. Since they were recorded on the MZ-R30 is there something wonky about the format of the files that I should be aware of? Any information would be much appreciated in this remote corner of southern Ethiopia (i.e. the dial-up connection is very slow!). Thanks. :whistle3:

It's not a software problem--it's a hardware limitation.

NetMD units only allow transfers in one direction: from PC to MD, not the other direction. NetMD was made to treat MD units like iPods, getting songs off the computer for portable use.

The only unit that will upload MD recordings is the MZ-RH1. Your best bet with your NetMD unit is to simply record from MD to the computer in realtime.

http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?showtopic=7070

That will record the whole disc as a file that you'd need to edit.

If you want to record a separate file from each track on the disc, you can automate the process slightly--controlling the NetMD unit's playback through the USB, recording each track as a new file--with Hi-MD Renderer and its MD Recorder function.

http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?showtopic=12683

Meanwhile, if you plan to use the Sharp at all as a music player, you should upgrade to 4.0 anyway. SonicStage 2.0 was a buggy, horrible program. Get a standalone 4.0 here:

http://forums.minidisc.org/downloads/details.php?file=21

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Hellow. First post after introducing me and it's an asking post :scratchhead:

Every time I try to download ss 4.0 from these forum I get an error. Could anybody help me?

And second question: is a similar download for ss 4.3? I really need to have Vista in my tablet pc, so this is the version I use and it would be great to have an installer doesn't need connection.

Thanks a lot in advance to all of you

Edited by Taliesin