Shuffle in Group/Artist Mode

Rate this topic

rayzray

i stumbled accross this in my bordumn..

i usually put "shuffle" ON while my Hi-MD900 is in "Normal Mode" and if there are 500 songs in the unit;; they ALL play before shutting off..

then,, i tried putting the unit in "Group Mode" and put "Shuffle' ON..

to my amazement;; it only played the songs in the "Group" then,, shut off.. !!!!

so,, i tried "Artist Mode";; and the same thing;; it played only the "artist" and shut off..

this it GREAT news for me;; since i have another Hi-MD900 at my bedside which i play while falling asleep;; only to awake a FEW hours later and the unit is STILL playing;; yeah,, it's been playing for nothing for hours while i am sleeping.. (a WASTE of the unit's life)..!!

now.. i can put lets say,, 1 or 2 hours of songs in ONE "Group" and play "shuffle" and it should shut off while i am sleeping.. (saving the unit's life span)..

[moral of the story] when you're bored;; PLAY with what you got..

(did yous know this)??

late edit (P.S.);; the reason i posted this is because i have been e-mailing one of our members regularly who didn't know this;; so,, i assume maybe others may not know it;; this post will self destruct in about 6 days..

Edited by rayzray

I'm very glad to learn this useful feature today, as I've had similar thoughs about what a waste it is to have the player running trough the whole disc before shutting off when in shuffle mode. So thanks for sharing and hail sony's "group" function.

Cheers

Shuffle mode is one of the worst things of my RH-1. Some people told me that songs didn't repeat on this mode. I'm sorry to contradict this statement but, THE RH-1 REPEATS SONGS IN SHUFFLE MODE. :(:(:(:( . I was really disappointed when I realized of this fact. I bought it for two reasons

1/ The sound quality

2/ The shuffle mode (after being told that the machine did'n repeat the songs by some of you)

I don't regret to have purchased it, but I would have thought it over if I had known I wouldn't have a "complete" shuffle mode.

cheers ;)

i (rayzray) know that it repeats songs once in a while in Shuffle mode;; that is;; when i used to have it in "Normal" shuffle mode..

BUT,, so far;;;; in "group/shuffle mode";; it hasn't..

Perhape try; Group shuffle;; but then,, if you want to shuffle through ALL da songs;; u need the Normal/shuffle;; ((why not just advance it to the next song when it DOES repeat))

i have another thing to say;; but i will "Double Post"..

YES!! here i am again..

one thing i forgot to mention is::

on my observation in "Group/Shuffle Mode";; i (Razyray) was using my "Deluxe" remote controller;; the three liner;; the pearshaped one;;

so,, it was easy to get between Normal and group and Artist modes wit the controller..

at my bedside;; i have the "Original" pencil/pampon shaped controller;; and one liner;; and i can't get it to go between Group and Normal modes;; especially when i am (half-asleep)..

so;; i THINK you have to set the "Main Unit" to Group in that case;; which in my case;; i can't cause it's hidden in a fanny-pack;; zipped up and dust-free..

so,, i may have to just use the Hi-MD#2 with the three-liner in Group mode for now.. unless;; i switch the remotes;; which i don't want to do..

any solutions out there for me??

Edited by rayzray

i (rayzray) know that it repeats songs once in a while in Shuffle mode;; that is;; when i used to have it in "Normal" shuffle mode..

BUT,, so far;;;; in "group/shuffle mode";; it hasn't..

Perhape try; Group shuffle;; but then,, if you want to shuffle through ALL da songs;; u need the Normal/shuffle;; ((why not just advance it to the next song when it DOES repeat))

Unfortunately, the RH-1 doesn't distinguish between "normal" shuffle mode or any other; It's only "shuffle"

The question is not whether I can advance to the next song or not with the proper button. The question is that I can't understand why sony has left out the several "shuffle modes" other minidiscs players have. When I am listening to 200 songs, it doesn't annoy me too much, but when you are listening to 20 songs, that's different. It's a nuisance (for me) to be listening to the song number 2 and when it finishes, listen to it again.

cheers ;)

Edited by dogville

Unfortunately, the RH-1 doesn't distinguish between "normal" shuffle mode or any other; It's only "shuffle"

The question is not whether I can advance to the next song or not with the proper button. The question is that I can't understand why sony has left out the several "shuffle modes" other minidiscs players have. When I am listening to 200 songs, it doesn't annoy me too much, but when you are listening to 20 songs, that's different. It's a nuisance (for me) to be listening to the song number 2 and when it finishes, listen to it again.

cheers ;)

i understand.

i guess i am fortunate to own the two HI-MD900's; they have been a total "PLEASURE" in my life.

i guess i will never get an RH-1; but i wonder if the RH-10 shuffles in Group mode..

i should try it again (the Hi-MD900), to make sure i (rayzray) didn't "Dream" this up in my dreams;; which i do often; lol.

i just took a nap and solved a PC problem in my dreams.

now; all i have to try is;

IF i have TWO different albums in the Hi-MD900 by the same "artist", will it "shuffle" through the TWO albums of the same "Artist", if i set it to "Artist Mode/Shuffle"

it never ends; like with 27 MD units; mucho CD players/recorders; and now 5 DVD recorders and 5 DVD players, all Panasonics; will i EVER have "Peace of Mind"!!!!