Hi-MD, SonicStage and IE7

Rate this topic

rich1068

Just a little word of warning.

If you're thinking of installing IE7 make sure your RH1 (or whatever) isn't connected to your PC at the same time.

Mine happened to be charging with a disc inserted when I was installing IE7 and now I can't access any of the tracks that were on the disc in My Library on SS. The tracks are still on the disc but I get 'The music file for the track was not found. Specify the music file to restore track playback.' whenever I try to play via SS.

I know this sounds dumb but installing IE7 is the only thing I've done on my PC since last night and during the install my PC was accessing the player ie all the clicky, whirry noises that are associated with transferring tracks.

Just a little word of warning.

If you're thinking of installing IE7 make sure your RH1 (or whatever) isn't connected to your PC at the same time.

Mine happened to be charging with a disc inserted when I was installing IE7 and now I can't access any of the tracks that were on the disc in My Library on SS. The tracks are still on the disc but I get 'The music file for the track was not found. Specify the music file to restore track playback.' whenever I try to play via SS.

I know this sounds dumb but installing IE7 is the only thing I've done on my PC since last night and during the install my PC was accessing the player ie all the clicky, whirry noises that are associated with transferring tracks.

Have you tried Windows system restore?

See if you can uninstall IE7 via Add/Remove programs; make sure that the "show updates" box is checked. I won't install IE7 until I'm sure that it works with SS. (Occasionally, I use the Connect Store to purchase exclusives.. and I'll probably use it with the Sony Reader.)