Question regarding Sony's MZ-EH50

Rate this topic

HEARDATBEAT

can anyone tell me what kind of battery this player uses i'm currently in the market of buying a new hi-md and this one caught my eye :lol:

and also what is the AA cell case

i think it uses gumstick batteries. the AA cell case is a removable battery pack that u use to attach it to the player if u want to use a regular AA battery, along with the gumstick battery. to get more battery power...u just screw it in on the bottom of the player, but it adds more weight and height to the unit.

but i dont know if it'll work with it alone or without the gumstick battery.

and i hope u have a recorder cuz this one is only a player, and u wont be able to put songs to it with this unit.

http://www.audiocubes.com/product/Sony_MZ-...isc_Player.html

Edited by sector001

what does sector001 mean that i can't put songs on this player please explain?

The MZ-EH50 is a strictly "player" unit ~ will only offer playback features. Hence, the need of a recorder such as the MZ-RH1 to record/transfer songs if you will onto a Hi-MD or standard MD discs. For your reference, please review our "MiniDisc Equipment Designation Information."

but then how do you add music to the player?

by inserting a nice shiny (Hi)MD-disc full of music... how do you get music on the disc you ask... well, with another non-player-only unit i.e. a downloader (D-models) or a recorder (RH and NH models)

but then how do you add music to the player?

You can employ SonicStage to facilitate music transfer/recordings or conduct real-time recording with a given Hi-MD/NetMD recorder. So, the MZ-EH50 is dependent upon a recorder or downloader for a fun filled music MD disc.

Edit: opps.. refer to Volta's quicker response. :)

get the MZ-NH700.

x 2.

And, a side note. If you want to get radio function on your MD unit later on, you can always buy the 37LT or 39LT radio remote (that comes with the NHF800) separately from eBay, new and usually under US$30. The radio remote will work with both the NH700 and NHF800. Edit: Although I'm not for sure if some areas outside of Canada/USA will get reception. Good luck.

Edited by jaylen

x 2.

And, a side note. If you want to get radio function on your MD unit later on, you can always buy the 37LT or 39LT radio remote (that comes with the NHF800) separately from eBay, new and usually under US$30. The radio remote will work with both the NH700 and NHF800. Edit: Although I'm not for sure if some areas outside of Canada/USA will get reception. Good luck.

i had good recepttion with my former 800 unit.........

are you all sure that the radio functionality solely depends on the remote?

i doubt it.

I won't speak for the others, but I'm sure enough that I'd be willing to bet your life on it. :lol:

Plug in any non-tuner remote into the NHF800 and you will get no radio reception.

Plug in only headphones into the NHF800 and you get the same thing.

Plug in a tuner remote into specific radio-capable models like the NHF800 (they have a different remote jack compared to non-radio-capable models) and you will get radio reception. From my understanding, the radio is powered by the MD unit via the remote jack, but radio function lies in the remote, not the MD unit.

Hope this clears your doubt.

I have an NH700 and an NHF800. I plugged the remote from the NHF800 into the NH700. I got radio reception.

No, this will not work for the NH900 or the RH units, which cannot accommodate the plug from the 37LT or 39LT remote. But the only discernible difference between the NH700 and the NHF800, besides the different model number on the unit, is that the NHF800 came with the radio remote.