PlayStation 3

Rate this topic

Sparda

I know a few people don't like the ps3 but im confident this community is mature enough to discuss about it without flaming.

That being said, I have a question about it, and was wondering if anyone can conjure up an answer for me. I just visited IGN and they were saying how the ps3 can handle only about 6 websites open and 3 graphic intense website before having the memory being full, what puzzles me is isn't the ps3 supposed to be sort of a super computer of its own? I mean my computer has less ram then the ps3 but i don't have to worry about how many websites i can open at once. I can't comprehend why it would have problems openning more then 6 webpages. Of course if i got it wrong do correct me. Here are some link(s) to help save time: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/745/745300p1.html

can't wait to get one, as soon as they get all the problems discovered and fixed and of course when its cheaper. gonna install Linux on it for sure.

ps i wonder if history would repeat itself, meaning in the later years if they will release a slim and "improved" version of the ps3, much like they did with the psone and playstation 2 "slim".

Edited by Sparda

• 1 year later...

can't wait to get one, as soon as they get all the problems discovered and fixed and of course when its cheaper. gonna install Linux on it for sure.

ps i wonder if history would repeat itself, meaning in the later years if they will release a slim and "improved" version of the ps3, much like they did with the psone and playstation 2 "slim".

VERY LIKELY.

that being said, i just realized i've revived a 2 year old thread.