SonicStage 4.2 Arrives With DSEE Support

Christopher

Sorry - this appears only in SonicStage itself. When transferred to a CD-R or to SONY MW-A1000 I don't hear the breaks.

Olaf

Still, it must be annoying. I often sit with my headphones on, playing an album from my library whilst I'm working on other things.

So thanks for the tip about the break between tracks; I shan't be downloading SS vs 4.2!

Maybe it'll be fixed in 4.3...

• 10 months later...

Does anyone know if 4.2 renames mic recorded tracks with the ascending prefix "00x-"? That's a big pain for me, it'd be great if 4.2 doesn't.

yes it does... it can be a bit of a pain (especially if you have a recorder with date/time stamp).

Thanks for pointing me to this thread, raintheory. Why would renaming mic recorded tracks with ascending prefix "00x-" be a pain? I am using SS 3.4 currently, and I think it already does rename mic recorded tracks with ascending prefix "00x-". My MD recorder does have date/time stamp. Thanks from Ming

I find the 00x prefix annoying when for example I have recorded three sets of recordings in one day -- Let's say each set has two recordings in it, with group function enabled. So I end up with three groups having two recordings each. .. When they are uploaded to PC the prefix starts from 001 for each group. ..This is what causes the problems.

...When I upload/remove DRM and move all of these files into one folder for archiving, they are ordered by the prefix and not necessarily by the date/time stamp.

For example, they would end up like:

001-First Recording From First Set

001-First Recording From Second Set

001-First Recording From Third Set

002-Second Recording From First Set

002-Second Recording From Second Set

etc. etc.

Instead of:

001-First Recording From First Set

002-Second Recording From First Set

001-First Recording From Second Set

002-Second Recording From Second Set

001-First Recording From Third Set

etc. etc.

Make sense? ..This can be avoided by turning the auto-group mode off, or by moving all your recordings into one group prior to uploading.

The prefix can be helpful when using a recorder that lacks date/time stamp, but for recorders that have this feature it is pointless and can cause confusion.

Edited by raintheory

This can be avoided by turning the auto-group mode off, or by moving all your recordings into one group prior to uploading.

The prefix can be helpful when using a recorder that lacks date/time stamp, but for recorders that have this feature it is pointless and can cause confusion.

Thank you, RainTheory. I assume you are talking about auto-group mode on the unit, not in SonicStage. Time for me to dig out the manual. Ming

• 1 month later...

I have finally got an RH1 coming in the next day or two. Currently I am using SonicStage 3.4

Can I install 4.2 on top as is, or do I to do some clean up like when I went from SonicStage 2.x to 3.4 ?

Or should I wait till I get my RH1 ?

Thank you, from Ming in Brisbane