slider and settings in MD-Record screen

Rate this topic

McSam

I'm just starting to use the program to upload MDLP4 tracks and record via optical cable. I tried various settings of the slider, but all recordings sound the same. What is that slider for? I could also use some guidance with the Mp3 output settings "cut start & end silence" and "silence threshold."

Thanks

The slider is meant to change the recording volume of the selected input (the second drop down list) on the selected soundcard (the first drop down list).

"cut start & end silence" is just that - If enabled, the software will not record silence at the start or end of a track.

The silence threshold tells the HIMDRenderer the maximum "value" of an individual sound sample it should treat as silence. If "cut start & end silence" is enabled, then any sound sample value that is below the threshold value is considered as silence, and if at the start or end of a track, will not be included in the recording.