SonicStage 3.4 is available from Sony Europe

kaledi

Sony seem to have added a couple of interesting features for Hi-MD users in the form of 192kps support.

No additional functionality for the A series though

SonicStage Version 3.4 Download Program.

File Information

SonicStageInstaller.exe ( 788 KB )

SonicStage Version 3.4 is available for the following Sony products:

Hi-MD WALKMAN

Net MD WALKMAN

Network WALKMAN

ATRAC CD WALKMAN

ATRAC CD Personal Audio System

Micro System

Features:

Supported formats when ripping an Audio CD:

ATRAC format (ATRAC3plus/ATRAC3): 352kbps/ 320kbps/ 256kbps/ 192kbps/ 160kbps/ 132kbps (ATRAC3)/ 128kbps/ 96kbps/ 64kbps/ 48kbps.

ATRAC Advanced Lossless format.

WMA format

MP3 format

A copyright protection can be added to ripped tracks.

Dynamic Playlist: Select by artist or genre. Create playlist by date imported, rating, playback count, number of transfers, track number, playback time, file size.

ATRAC Audio device can be synchronized with My Library playlist.

Memory Stick PRO and Memory Stick PRO Duo (only with Memory Stick PRO and Memory Stick PRO Duo compatible ATRAC Audio device) are supported.

There is no limit to the number of times tracks without any DRM (Digital Rights Management) content can be transferred.

There is no limit to the number of times tracks recorded on an Hi-MD and Network WALKMAN product can be transferred.

Tracks can be converted at a specific bitrate and then be transferred to the ATRAC Audio device.

ATRAC CD’s, Audio CD’s, and MP3 CD’s (with MP3 tracks from My Library only) can be created.

CDDB (Gracenote) is supported.

CD cover of an Audio CD can be displayed.

SonicStage 3.4 new features:

Tracks can be transferred in ATRAC 192kbps to a Hi-MD device.

Tracks recorded with a Hi-MD device with the digital/analogue inputs or microphone input can be uploaded to SonicStage and saved in WAV (PCM) format.

Audio CD’s can be ripped in ATRAC 352kbps.

CD information can be displayed from the tracks in My Library.

WAV files can be converted into ATRAC Advanced Lossless format.

ATRAC format files (including ATRAC Advanced Lossless) can be converted into WAV format.

Song lyrics can be displayed when clicking the “Lyrics” button (only if the lyrics are encoded with the track).

Notes

An MP3 CD can only be created from MP3 files in My Library. SonicStage cannot convert OpenMG Audio files (e.g ATRAC3) to MP3 files and then create an MP3 CD.

SonicStage will be displayed in the same language as the operating system on your computer.

Languages supported are: English, French, German, Italian and Spanish.

Music imported from the CONNECT music store includes DRM content transfer is controlled by the distributor.

Track information such as music title, artist name, genre, album title on copy protected discs released by Sony BMG Music Entertainment cannot be edited.

System requirements:

Compatible operating systems (factory preinstalled only):

Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005.

Windows XP Media Center Edition 2004.

Windows XP Media Center Edition.

Windows XP Professional.

Windows XP Home Edition.

Windows 2000 Professional (Service Pack 3 or later).

Windows Millennium Edition.

Windows 98 Second Edition.

Hardware environment:

Computer: IBM PC/AT or compatible.

CPU: Pentium lll 450MHz or higher.

Hard disk drive space: 400MB or more.

RAM: 128MB or more.

Others: CD drive (capable of digital playback by WDM).

When creating an Audio CD or ATRAC CD or MP3 CD, a CD-R/RW drive is needed.

s

Sound card.

USB port.

Display: High Color (16bit) or higher, 800 x 600 resolution (1024 x 768 or more is recommended).

Others: Internet access for web registration, and CDDB.

Internet access and Microsoft Internet Explorer (version 5.5 or higher) installed for Web registration and EMD services.

Windows Media Player (version 7.0 or higher) installed for playing WMA files.

The following systems are not supported.

OS other than the ones indicated above.

Personally constructed PCs or operating systems.

Upgraded OS.

Multi-boot environment.

Multi-monitor environment.

Macintosh computers.

I've tested it, I have to say that this ap is constantly improving. It's nice and simple, I like the way it organises music, it's an easy to use player, new options are very cool like the "search cd cover/info from a track (excellent) etc. BUUUUT why O WHYYYY isn't there the long awaited UNICODE???? it's still a pain in the arse! impossible to rip a jap CD and have the jap infos displayed!!! so as more than 50% of my music collection is Japanese, I have thoses horrible "??????" instaed. I don't want to use Applocale, it messes everything. It would be so simple to work a little more and add this so common feature, right? and THEN only then Sonicstage could be almost perfect!

SONY engineers, are you reading this? why the awful Connect player does it and not Sonicstage?