SM 58 with MD-Recorder?

Rate this topic

Api

Moin,

i have got a Sure SM 58 Mic and tried to use it with my Sony MZ R-37. İ had an Adapter Cable from XLR to 3,5 mm. No Signal.

My Question: what might be the reason? Should the microphone normally work with the MD (without an extra preamp)? Or should İ better buy another mic? İn that case, İ have very less money and am in İstanbul at the moment, so how can İ find a very cheap one? (i would ask in the shops.. but what should İ consider by chosing a mic? Should be OK for İnterviews and reporting..)

Thank you!

Api

Moin,

i have got a Sure SM 58 Mic and tried to use it with my Sony MZ R-37. İ had an Adapter Cable from XLR to 3,5 mm. No Signal.

My Question: what might be the reason? Should the microphone normally work with the MD (without an extra preamp)? Or should İ better buy another mic? İn that case, İ have very less money and am in İstanbul at the moment, so how can İ find a very cheap one? (i would ask in the shops.. but what should İ consider by chosing a mic? Should be OK for İnterviews and reporting..)

Thank you!

Api

I don't know the pinout of your adaptercable but probably that is wrong because the connection you want to make isn't standard (connect a balanced XLR to a stereo microphone input).

You have to make sure the adapter makes matches the following pinout:

pc_monomic.gif

For more info:

http://www.mdcenter.nl/artikelen/mdcpro/kabels.php

And if you need your own phantom-power for condensor-mics:

http://www.mdcenter.nl/artikelen/mics/portablephantom.php