Google Earth co-ordinated,

Rate this topic

bobt

Hi all,

Did this a while ago, and had fun with it. For those who have google earth, what are your co-ordinates, some of us have them by our avatar, gives more of a world feel to the forum, you see where I am, where are you??

Bob

Bob,

I had difficulty putting your coordinates into GoogleEarth. I found that GE wants the latitude and longtitude entered in this form:

37 25'19.07"N, 122 05'06.24"W, in other words,

degrees, minutes, seconds N/S/E/W

(a space after degrees, single quote after minutes, double quotes after seconds, <no space>capitalized direction abbreviation)

After doing it this way, I was able to find your home on Little Cayman Island. (You seem to live under a cloud, tho.) Having figured all this out, I then edited my own profile to put in my coordinates, although I'm not sure I got them to appear as yours do, each coordinate on a separate line. I live in a heavily wooded area of the low Berkeley hills. In the fall, we live in constant dread of warm, dry Santa Ana winds setting our town on fire.

Rod Freeland

Bob,

I had difficulty putting your coordinates into GoogleEarth. I found that GE wants the latitude and longtitude entered in this form:

37 25'19.07"N, 122 05'06.24"W, in other words,

degrees, minutes, seconds N/S/E/W

(a space after degrees, single quote after minutes, double quotes after seconds, <no space>capitalized direction abbreviation)

After doing it this way, I was able to find your home on Little Cayman Island. (You seem to live under a cloud, tho.) Having figured all this out, I then edited my own profile to put in my coordinates, although I'm not sure I got them to appear as yours do, each coordinate on a separate line. I live in a heavily wooded area of the low Berkeley hills. In the fall, we live in constant dread of warm, dry Santa Ana winds setting our town on fire.

Rod Freeland

Palo Alto when you copy and paste what you have typed, right under a golf course