Hi-MD models 2007

Rate this topic

martinb

Hi,

do you know somebody something about new model(s) for this year? Sony had new models about March every years...I´m asking because I have RH10 and in RH1 is many many good improovents...but practically R1 is one year old model...What do you think guys?

I think that Sony will probably keep the RH1 going for a while in lieu of introducing new units - it already does most of what people who would be interested in it need it to. Plus, the market for new recorders has been shifting to HDD and flash for a few years now, and no doubt Sony will be devoting more resources to those categories as well. Then again, who knows?

What would be really cool is a Flash back model. Go back to the very first one , do a Commemorative thing .

Rebuild or Copy exactly the design of the MZ-1 but HiMD capable .

The MZ-1 was the very first MD recorder made.

it has

Optical in/out (both)

20db Pad on the Mic input

Variable Rec level on the fly

Headphone out Seperate from the line out wite Seperate Volume control ( Very cool feature)

Key Pad text entry , that is fast and easy

Built like a tank, very solid.

I would add 1 feature though , Overdubbing , Say you sit down and record Guitar/Vocals withe a Stereo mic , and it sounds good , you got what you wanted , but then your listening to it and playing some cool lead riffs and your like " Man I wish I could just get that lead part on there , that all it needs , I could go straight to disc with this one"

The Songwriters MD . That would be cool

Yeah a Commemorative , that would be cool , I would buy it

Edited by Guitarfxr

... and other stuff you would actually have to use and hold the machine to appreciate ( I have one [sony MZ-1] now , as of yesterday)

Congratulations, my friend, on your acquisition! You seem to have a fine appreciation and understanding, and after only 24 hours! It took me years to come to a full realization of its wonderful fit, finish, and overall feel, and I still marvel at its flawless performance.

I always considered its sound superlative, as well. I never could fathom the virulent criticisms directed against it from the very beginning. It has always been a pure pleasure listening to it. It is truly a thing of beauty.

Congratulations, my friend, on your acquisition! You seem to have a fine appreciation and understanding, and after only 24 hours! It took me years to come to a full realization of its wonderful fit, finish, and overall feel, and I still marvel at its flawless performance.

I always considered its sound superlative, as well. I never could fathom the virulent criticisms directed against it from the very beginning. It has always been a pure pleasure listening to it. It is truly a thing of beauty.

Karl , I had the chance to play with it when it first came out , One of my Guitar students worked for Lighthouse Electronics , in Monterey , and I would teach at the store on his lunch break . One day he says to me" Youve been teaching me awhile now I got somethin to show you" , so he Breaks out the MZ-1 , they had just got it in ( The owners of the store were Japanese, so they had the inside track) sets a Mic up and asked me to just play , so I did, then hit stopped the Machine let it write the contents Labled the track , and hit play .

It was Me , it was my Guitar , it was exactly what I had played , uncolored unaltered ( For what I knew at the moment about the machine) I fell in love with MD there on the spot , I was one of the first people in the United states , to Hear and use MD .

Literally , It hadnt even been released to the U.S. Market yet they got it straight from Sony ( The store owner had worked for Sony in Japan)

But 700 dollars at that time precluded me from buying it , I played with it borrowed it , used it wanted it drooled on it over it around it . But alas .....it was not mine.

The appreciation was there a LONG time ago . Not just the past 24 hours.

I'm glad to know your background experience, Guitarfxr. Your comment, and Sparda's, bring this thought to mind: You can actually do things with MD, besides mindlessly downloading tunes endlessly.

And their reaction to minidisc, whether they just happen to see the player, or you mention some aspect of the system in conversation, is to criticize. That amazes me. Knowing as little as they could possibly know about it, yet they feel a need to denigrate, and always in reference to their preferred method. I don't criticize their choice of music reproduction.

I'm thankful to Steve Jobs for bringing portable music so into the mainstream. I no longer feel like an outsider or member of a readily-identifiable fringe group when listening to earbuds in public. I'm suspicious, though, all of a sudden so many developed this incredible love for music that they always listen wherever they go. Some form of crowd-psychology is involved, it always seems to me.

Karl Myer, I have to agree with you. I mean before iPod was introduced you would hardly see anyone listen to music in public. And now all of a sudden people are in love with music and have the need to listen to music where ever, when ever. I guess you could say that before the iPod boom there was no practical solution to bring your music with you. CD players were chunky, skipped, and mostly expensive. And you could only bring a disc or two with you. But truthfully told I think some people just do it for show.