My SS v4.3 has gone....weird? also re: backups

Rate this topic

WaywardTraveller

Hey,

I am hoping someone can help me with this issue that's recently come up with me.

I've spent the last few days ripping my CD library into SSv4.3 - I use XP Pro on a dual-core Pentium computer. Everything's basically going fine...but one day as I ripped a disc I saw all my Various Artists entries vanish from the listing before my very eyes!

Naturally I freaked (I have about 40GB in SS right now and still counting) and cursed the powers that be, but just now I found out that apparently the music IS still in the DB....the problem is this: When I view My Library, if the view is sorted by Artist, I cannot see ANYTHING by "Various Artists." If I switch the view to View Albums/Playlists and sort by Album, I can see all my VA albums AND I can still transfer to MD!

So this isn't the end of the world...but if someone - anyone can help me restore this I'd appreciate it.

Also....I backed up My Library into a 40GB directory, and read in the docs somewhere that SS needs to connect to the Net in order to "authenticate" the DB before restoring...does this mean you can't restore your Library without a Net connection?

peace

WaywardTraveller

Update: After checking a few things out, THANKFULLY SS4.3 hasn't gone awry at all; I changed the author of ONE "Various Artists" album to 'M' and for some reason ALL of them were shifted to the alphabetical M entry....but everything is now working fine. whew.

peace

WaywardTraveller