Loose Mic = one channel recording. Correctable?

Rate this topic

NJDUKE

Hello MD fans,

I'm not sure if this should be under software or live recording. Maybe both.

Software issue:

I made a live recording with my MD and due to movement on my part only got ONE channel for about two minutes. Is there a way to cut and paste the recorded channel to get pseudo stereo on the blank channel? I've got versions of Audacity (newbie on it) and Roxio (more experienced.) Any tips would be appreciated.

Live Recording problem:

Does anyone have a method for keeping the microphone connection secure during stealth recording? I've had this jiggling connection problem a few times. In some cases the static that resulted made whole sections of music impossible to salvage. My older CORE mics have a straight connector. (He's offering a right angle one now.) I have a SONY Mic extension cable but for some reason the CORE connector does not fit flush. It's very frustrating to find out that bopping to the music ruined a recording. Do you use Elastic bands, velcro??

Ed

• 3 weeks later...

I've had similar problems with my Sony DS70P t-mic. Right channel cutting out; static, etc.

Hi I've had both these problems

1/ i use a program called Magix, it has a stereo feature where you can move the mono part into left/right speaker's (not stereo though), its best to tackle the mono part on its own as a small wav

2/ I use electrical tape cut a few bits off leave it on the recorder when your ready to go plug in and then put the tape over the jack/mini disc recorder i use 2 bits-has not come lose since

Hi I've had both these problems

1/ i use a program called Magix, it has a stereo feature where you can move the mono part into left/right speaker's (not stereo though), its best to tackle the mono part on its own as a small wav

2/ I use electrical tape cut a few bits off leave it on the recorder when your ready to go plug in and then put the tape over the jack/mini disc recorder i use 2 bits-has not come lose since

Since I posted I found out that ROXIO EASY MEDIA CREATOR can solve one channel drop out. It's in the PROJECT VIEW area of SOUND EDITOR. Right-clicking and chosing CLIP PROPERTIES opens a screen and with CHANNEL Control yoiu can do a variety of options.

As for the loose mic I found some vecro straps and have them around the microphone.

Thanks for replying

Ed