GYM Key Wizard

JSP62

Can anyone answer if the GYM Key Wizard must be run on each computer for which you install the GYM software ?

I have successfully loaded GYM and able use AND save tracks on my home computer.

BUT, I cannot get GYM working on my computer work. I can load the software, I can start the software, BUT I cannot play tracks, nor can I save tracks.

Anyone have any troubleshooting tips ?

JSP62,

Just copy the GYM1.12(where .temp files are stored) folder onto your HD5 .then again copy that onto the computer wwhere you want to use gym...

:D Thanks, that worked...partly though.

NOTE I think I might not have generated enough keys. Thus far I have about 10GB of music files loaded onto my 40GB Sony Vaio Pocket. When I created the keys I used 'not more than 10,000' (it was the one before entering a value selection).

I took a look at how many files my 10GB is currently using, but thus far I only have 2,282 oma files (REF ENCLOSED PIC)....seeing this, I don't think it can be the key gen wizard.

:unsure:

I am kinda confused now, cause I don't understand why some tracks can be saved but others cannot. I know all formats are in MP3 with bitrates of different values (128, 132, 320 etc), but I don't believe this is an issue.

This is also the same as with playing the tracks through GYM, some work others do not.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

PS - When I return home, I will have to check to see if I can save all tracks, since this issue is happening at work.

Thanks

Edited by JSP62

PS - When I return home, I will have to check to see if I can save all tracks, since this issue is happening at work.

I had made a copy of my 'tmp' sub-folder in GYM and copied it to my work computer. Tracks still don't play. Not sure what it could be.

Any other suggestions?

PS - Thanks for the help.

JSP

JSP62,

Did you copy the folder "GYMv1.2b_beta" from where you ran the Keywizard & all that. I want you to copy the whole folder(inc temp files ) onto your HD5 then & copy that folder onto your Office computer desktop.

Because if we need to run the keywizard again & again then it`s a pain to listen music .

JSP62,

Did you copy the folder "GYMv1.2b_beta" from where you ran the Keywizard & all that. I want you to copy the whole folder(inc temp files ) onto your HD5 then & copy that folder onto your Office computer desktop.

Because if we need to run the keywizard again & again then it`s a pain to listen music .

Good call, no I didn't do it. Your thinking perhaps some of the files I didn't copy (other than 'tmp' folder) has some specific settings that could be giving me the problem. I didn't think of that. I copy all info 'GYM' folder to my VP and copy to my office computer.

Thanks....I'll post again with results tomorrow AM

keep your fingers crossed :)

Edited by JSP62

JSP62,

I hope your problem will be solved .

:D:D:)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

In the words of Tony The Tiger...... "YOOOURRRRRR GRRREEAT!"

...okay okay, so I modified it :mellow:

Thanks, copying from home to office did the trick!.

I can now rest assured I can transfer any/all my tracks on my VP to another computer.