Finding information is is pretty difficult!

superboy

I visit a lot of forums, and I have to say that finding the information I want here is pretty difficult. I know everyone here is going get all mad now, but it's true. There's a lot of great information here, but it's hard to find it all. I can't quite put my finger on the cause, but it's a combination of the forum design and some other things. The only forum that is worse that I've seen (much worse) is the foobar forum, otherwise known as the hydrogenaudio forum. Now, that one is terrible. The best forum design I've seen is the donationcoder.com one.

The worst part is that in some threads, someone will ask a question, and someone else will respond with "This has been well-documented and/or discussed in other threads", but I don't blame the guy because it's not so easy to find what you're looking for.

Anyway, what prompted me to do this is that I just bought an rh1 from my friend, and it was such a pain finding the answers to all the questions I had.

I'm thinking of putting together a nice-looking FAQ for the rh1, but it would take some time.

Yeah, no kidding. You'll search for a couple of keywords, the results will send you to a 20-page thread, but not to the actual post where the keywords appear. So you might as well read the whole freakin thread.

What annoyed me was how so much stuff is "common knowledge", yet when you go to find the source of the information in the threads, you'll see it was a little comment made in the middle of a large thread! How is that such common knowledge!?