MiniDisc Freebee & Promotional Items Thread.

Rate this topic

jernikfra

I was rummaging through my drawers of industry souvenirs today (I've been a retail electronics salesman for 15 years now, and probably will be for the rest of my life, and yes I sold a ton of MD stuff back in it's heyday in 1999), and came up with the idea of starting a new thread here, completely devoted to MD accessories and promo items that members have accumulated over the years.I figure that if you got a gift with purchase or a bonus, or any kind of MD related item that came with an MD hardware or accessory purchase, then post a picture of it here.The obvious rules should be that the item has to have the MD logo on it, and/or was free with an MD purchase.I'd be more than happy to start the thread with my items, so that people get an idea of what I am talking about.I'm sure we can come up with many unique and unusual items from around the world over MD's 15 year history! Looking forward to lot's of pictures and memories.I hope this thread doesn't already exist, I couldn't find it anywhere.

A Caselogic MDC2 MD case, with the MD logo emblazoned across it and although you can't see it, the zipper handles have the Sony W. walkman logo on them!

It was free with selected MD recorders during Christmas 2002 in Canada.

A "Sharp Music New World" promotional pre-recorded playback only MD from 1993, with 6 tracks of pop, jazz and classical music on it.I got it at a Sharp dealer Show in 1997.

A Caselogic Clear plastic carrying case came with 10 assorted colour blank MD's in 2002.

• 1 month later...

Well heres all the stuff i collected over the years, at first i collected minidisc blanks and then it when to accessories such as cases. I managed to get my hands one some special items.

My fav case would be the red one, i like the "md is sony"slogan and the minidisc logo is embossed. I haven't seen any other case like this around.

post-32099-1194433115_thumb.jpg

post-32099-1194433122_thumb.jpg

post-32099-1194433128_thumb.jpg

post-32099-1194433134_thumb.jpg

post-32099-1194433143_thumb.jpg

post-32099-1194433153_thumb.jpg

post-32099-1194433166_thumb.jpg

post-32099-1194433172_thumb.jpg

post-32099-1194433179_thumb.jpg

post-32099-1194433186_thumb.jpg

post-32099-1194433192_thumb.jpg

post-32099-1194433198_thumb.jpg

post-32099-1194433206_thumb.jpg

post-32099-1194433214_thumb.jpg

post-32099-1194433219_thumb.jpg

post-32099-1194433228_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Wow!

You sure put my collection to shame! Thanks so much for posting your collection of pics.That's quite the collection of things you have.I wish I could get my hands on a few of those.looks like you live in Japan, making it much easier to get more cool MD stuff.I especially like the complete MD colour collection you have.Come on members, let's see what else we can come up with and show it off!

• 11 months later...

Well heres all the stuff i collected over the years, at first i collected minidisc blanks and then it when to accessories such as cases. I managed to get my hands one some special items.

My fav case would be the red one, i like the "md is sony"slogan and the minidisc logo is embossed. I haven't seen any other case like this around.

Wow thats a cool collection maybe you could help me solve a problem, I want to renew the plastic slip cases of a lot of my old MD's as they are really scratched.

Does anybody know where you can purchase just the plastic slip cases or are they non existent.

Have scoured the Internet but can only find the ones with the Mini Discs included.

Many thanks Sue

:wub:

I can think of a certain someone who is going to be contacting you to see if any of those items are up for sale... :P

• 2 years later...