Uploading tracks from MZ-N707 to PC

Rate this topic

simplysilver

I have the MZ-N707 and a new computer without Vista (thankfully). I have songs on minidiscs that I've lost from my computer. Is there anyway to get the songs FROM the minidisc TO the computer????????????

Two ways, realtime from your line out on the 707 to line in on your sound card, or get an RH1 and you can do it digitally

Have fun

Bob

Thanks, but I'm really going to show my ignorance here now! We moved and I lost the manual as well. What does the line out look like??? And what is an RH1????

Line-out would be the headphone jack on your MZ-N707. Simply run that into your computer's line-in jack and use a recording program (Audacity is a good freeware choice) to record the signal.

The MZ-RH1 is the newest MiniDisc (Hi-MD) unit, and the only one that will currently upload older "legacy" recordings via USB, such as those made with your MZ-N707. The USB on your MZ-707 is 1-way only, PC>MD

http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?showtopic=7070

The MZ-RH1 is the newest MiniDisc (Hi-MD) unit, and the only one that will currently upload older "legacy" recordings via USB, such as those made with your MZ-N707. The USB on your MZ-707 is 1-way only, PC>MD

http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?showtopic=7070

OR, you can get the MZ-M200 Hi-MD unit, which is basically the MZ-RH1 with a different model number (that is the ONLY difference between the two) and a bundled microphone in the package.

Thanks, but I'm really going to show my ignorance here now! We moved and I lost the manual as well. What does the line out look like??? And what is an RH1????

WOO HOO! This I think I can do! Once I get a tiny plug thingie! (Thingie being a technical term here!) I have an EXTERNAL sound card on my computer, soundblaster, with plug thingies on it. Tomorrow, Radio Shack here I come!

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH! Even my very computer literate son couldn't figure it out!

:o:yahoo:

Now if I could just locate a pdf of the owner's manual I'd be in hog heaven. I tried following threads here about one, but none lead to an actual manual I could download or print out.

WOO HOO! This I think I can do! Once I get a tiny plug thingie! (Thingie being a technical term here!) I have an EXTERNAL sound card on my computer, soundblaster, with plug thingies on it. Tomorrow, Radio Shack here I come!

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH! Even my very computer literate son couldn't figure it out!

:o:yahoo:

Now if I could just locate a pdf of the owner's manual I'd be in hog heaven. I tried following threads here about one, but none lead to an actual manual I could download or print out.

Here you go: http://www.minidisc.org/manuals/sony/sony_mzn707_manual.pdf

EDIT: The thingie you'll need is an 1/8" (3.5mm) stereo cable. Male connections on both ends. Make sure you get one that is stereo (it will have two black rings around the tip, mono cables have 1 ring).

You might even already have one if you have computer speakers hooked up. They use the same plug usually.

Edited by raintheory

Here you go: http://www.minidisc.org/manuals/sony/sony_mzn707_manual.pdf

EDIT: The thingie you'll need is an 1/8" (3.5mm) stereo cable. Male connections on both ends. Make sure you get one that is stereo (it will have two black rings around the tip, mono cables have 1 ring).

You might even already have one if you have computer speakers hooked up. They use the same plug usually.

SHUCKIE DARN HERE! YOU GUYS ARE GOOD! AND QUICK! The first reply came within 10 min and you keep on helping! I can't wait to go to town tomorrow and get the cord if I don't have one already. I have soooooooo many cords and I do have external speakers hooked up. And thank you for telling me about the stereo and mono plugs! I live in the wilds of NM and it's hard to get anything here, but we do have a Radio Shack 20 miles away. :clapping:

Because the MZ-N707 is a NetMD unit, the mods think the post belongs in this section.

Sorry guys if my comment was a bit vague. It was originally in technical tips & tricks, this is not really technical (or indeed a tip or trick for that matter ;) ) - it's a borderline candidate for the Software Section - but as the query is not strictly software specific (ie how do I do "x" with the software or Sonic Stage is giving another error) it's more how do I get tracks from this type of unit (NetMD) on to my computer so it can go in this section - same place as the sticky "Want to upload audio from your NetMD?".. - That was pretty much my train of thought anyway but feel free to suggest an alternative... :D