Amazon's DRM-free mp3 Website

kevinz4444

Doesn't work for me either. I'm currently connected via Vodafone Mobile Connect in Andorra ==> small independant country on Spanish French border.

AFAIK in any case this stuff is only available to the AMAZON USA sites which is a bit of a letdown since the USA was probably the country most instrumental in advocating the whole idea of DRM in the first place --- you know the not invented here syndrome.

If you really buy music wth restrictions on where you play it then I have ABSOLUTELY no sympathy for you whatsoever.

Would you really buy a book for example with a similar restriction ==> e.g you can buy this book provided you don't read it while travelling by train or plane, or you are not allowed to read it in bed.

I don't think so somehow.

At least it's good to see that after the initial first generation of people buying music from the internet questions such as how do I transfer my music to a New Device are beginning to be raised. Even IPODS wear out or get stolen. An old fashioned CD allows UNLIMIITED transfers of music AT WHATEVER COMPRESSION (INCLUDING NONE) you like and to whatever device you want to play the music on.

Cheers

-k

Edited by 1kyle

Sorry kevinz4444, yer link don't work :scratchhead:

This is either a problem with my link cut-paste, or an issue (as some have reported) with Amazon restricting this public beta to Amazon USA only. It would be greatly appreciated if you could try again, and see if it is the former issue rather than the latter! Report back with a reply or a note directly to me with what you discover. THANK YOU!

kevinz4444