Can't transer any tracks on my NW-HD1

Rate this topic

banane

Hi,

I've got a problem with SonicStage (not the first one but the first I can't solve).

Every time I try to transfer a track, it tells me the transfer are not allowed or that I don't have the authorization...

These files are some MP3 I encoded myselfe... Before yesterday, it worked fine!

I tried to update to SonicStage 3.4 but it's the same.

So, I formatted the hard drive. Now, the drive is empty and I can't send any new file on it!!!

Hey what can I do? I need my music!

I have a Sony Netword Walkman NW-HD1, MS Windows XP SP2 and SonicStage 3.4

Thanks!

Banane

Guest Stuge

banane

Welcome to AtracLife,

You will again need to import the tracks again in SonicStage.But first delete the tracks that you can`t transfer .Otherwise Sonic Stage will not allow you to tranfer those tracks .

May I know from where did you download your SonicStage ver 3.3 & same for the SoniC sTAGE VER3.4 ???

I tried to remove all tracks in SonicStage and then to import them again but the problem is still there, I can't send any file on the player!!!

I downloaded SonicStage 3.4 there : http://www.sonydigital-link.com/DNA/sonics...l.asp?l=fr#disc

(I live in Belgium)

And I don't remember where I donwloaded 3.3 :s

In the help, I saw they speak about 'authorization' but I've never seen that in SonicStage. Is it normal?

Thx

Edited by banane

Hi, I m new here too.

I recently got a e307 and a nw A1000. I m using sonuc stage 3.4 and having the same problem as you.

After I compile a album on my pc and want to transfer tit to my device, some of the tracks can not be transferred, iy s said something like read onlu files. Xan someone help me? I m from Belgium as wel

Thanks a lot :huh:

This topic has been covered more times than I can count.

Please remember the SEARCH FUNCTION.

Sorry, I search the internet (and this forum) since this morning and I can't find any solution for my problem! English is not my first langage and it's not easy to translate French error message in English. If you can find my a link where I can see a solution or give me some search keyword, I would be happy.

Thanks a lot

Thanks for your answer but... I never used system restore and I do not want to lose any data on my computer, I use it for school (yesyes, make backup but i don't want to reinstall every thing if restore crash my system!).

Do you thing we could find another solution?

Banane,

Let's get some details straight first, I am trying to understand.

- Formated the harddrive. Harddrive on your computer or your NW-HD1?

- Your NW-HD1 work before? Before you did what ?

- Is there any on your NW-HD1 right now?

- Does your SS have a library of files?

:unsure:

PS - Nice player, I googled the model.

Edited by JSP62

Guest Stuge

Thanks for your answer but... I never used system restore and I do not want to lose any data on my computer, I use it for school (yesyes, make backup but i don't want to reinstall every thing if restore crash my system!).

Do you thing we could find another solution?

Don`t worry System restore will not delete anythng on your computer ...

or Have you tried to convert one of the mp3 files that you are unable to transfer to .wav or mp3 using some converter like switch. tehn conver tthose converted files to Atrac This procedure sometimes helps..try this ..

I formatted the hard drive on the player, not the one on the computer.

Before, it worked fine. I don't know why it doesn't work anymore for 2 days. First, it told me that I wasn't allowed to transfer any new files on the player. Then, I formatted the player, reinstall SonicStage, with a new library. Now, every time I connect the player, SonicStage is searching for tracks that would have been deleted... At 66%, it stops, gives an error (The information about rights (MAC) are incorrect ) and then, it restarts...

There are some files in the library, but the player is empty.

So, I can't try to transfer a WAV or WMA file because it is still searching for these tracks... I don't understand

Guest Stuge

I understand that you have formatted your players hard disk not computers hard disk(& don`t do that )

Since your player does not play mp3`s so mp3 file manager trick will not work..

Do one thing Format your Player`s hard disk first using your windows explorer ..

Click on my computer =>Right Click on removable drive =>Click on format then see ...

then again format your players hard disk from the player main menu .

this might