Key wizard bug? Lost ATRAC files backup

gfcalvi

Hi,

I've tried to use GYM and was not aware of the wizard bug that affect atrac files.

Now I've lost them and I'm trying to reload from a hard drive backup.

Unfortunately some of the atrac files were copied to the actual hard disk from another backup disk and now when I try to reload them Sonicstage (3.2) told me he can't load them because he can't found the rights.

Any idea how to overcome the problem without reconvert 15Gb of atrac files ?

Any suggestion greatly appreciated.

Thanks

GF

Guest Stuge

Gfcalvi

Welcome to "AtracLife"

This problem has bugged many people .Just copying Atrac files from one hard disk to some other hard disk doesn`t back up the files ..To prevent this happening next time do back your atrac files using SonicStage back up tool.

Now only way is again copy musci from original source like cd ,mp3 etc

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, something with "playing error". MP3 files still work fine, though.

EDIT: so, nothing to do about that? Problem that can't be solved, just delete all my atrac files?

Think I'm gonna format player and put all my CD's (about one 100) and all my mp3's (about 2000) back on in the easter holiday, then.

Edited by Tometal

Yes, something with "playing error". MP3 files still work fine, though.

EDIT: so, nothing to do about that? Problem that can't be solved, just delete all my atrac files?

Think I'm gonna format player and put all my CD's (about one 100) and all my mp3's (about 2000) back on in the easter holiday, then.

Isn't it soooooo much fun!!! :sad:

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, it's Easter Holiday here.

I'll have to delete all of my Atrac Files, because they give a 'playing error'. Does anyone know how to delete only my atrac files and leave my mp3-files on? Isn't there a program that can show al of my atrac files at the top or something, otherwise I have to search trough my whole player and see which files are atrac.

Anyone?

Oh yeah, is GYM working fine now?

Does anyone know how to delete only my atrac files and leave my mp3-files on? Isn't there a program that can show al of my atrac files at the top or something, otherwise I have to search trough my whole player and see which files are atrac.

The only way that I know of that you can distinguish between formats, is through GYM or using SS and looking at the format column. From there you will have to recall the filenames that are in .OMA filetypes

To answer your question on 'is GYM working', Of course it is working. Now there are alot of tidbits that need to be included and worked on, but the basic premisis of copying tracks to another computer breaking the DRM is accomplished.

Thanks for the reply, but I've got absolutely no idea what you mean, is it possible to see quick in Sonicstage which files are in .mp3 and which in .oma and delete just the .oma files?

Because I can only display FORMAT in my library, not in my atracdevice.

Edited by Tometal

Guest Stuge

Thanks for the reply, but I've got absolutely no idea what you mean, is it possible to see quick in Sonicstage which files are in .mp3 and which in .oma and delete just the .oma files?

Conect your Device to your computer .Then select your device via transfer button in SSver3.4..Select the song & then right click ...then select properties .In properties you will be able to make out whihc song is in Atrac format & whihc song is in mp3 format .

???

If you want to delete files from your player by looking at the player, then I am unsure. The only that you might be able to accomplish this is to read the track name. Perhaps if your lucky it will show the file extrension name (ie .mp3 , .wma, .oma)

When I get home I will have to take a look at the files from the atrac in SS to see if formats are listed. If it shows in your library then wouldn't you already know what is on your DAP ?

Ok, a little language misunderstanding I persume.

Stuge: yes, I can see which files are atrac and which aren't, but if I have to look in every CD, it takes a lot of time, and I mean a lot.

JSP62; I've deleted almost all of my CD's in library because of the lack of disc space.

What I really need is to seperate the MP3's from the .OMA's, so I can delete those.

Guest Stuge

yes, I can see which files are atrac and which aren't, but if I have to look in every CD, it takes a lot of time, and I mean a lot.

that`s the only method i know right now .You will have to keep patience while doing this & as this will take lot of your time .