MDs around the world

Rate this topic

quadnut

Well I live in Japan , int the Current Sony Catalouge , (the Paper one ) that is in all the electronics shops , only the RH1 is listed , and is stated as out of production , on the business end or educational side the MZ-B10 is still in availability ( I have one of those as well )

Players left available are : EH-50 , EH-70 , and in some stores you can find the EH930 in either bronze or blue .

MP3 and Flash are indeed the primary Display in most stores and new ones coming out every 30 minutes it seems . Yes it is a sad feeling . Every now and then I get a moment of "natsukashii) when I stop in an older Mom and Pop type electronics store , the small ones that used to be everywhere here in Japan , but are dwindeling faster than a Snowman in the Sahara , and I see a New in Box peice of MD history still sitting in the display case with original price tag from that year ( 1995 -96 ) still on it , and they dont realize that it is way gone an will not negotiate the price .

The MD community is indeed the Last vestige of all things MD .

HI Mdrunner

I used to live in Chile, there in the good times MD tech was popular between real music lovers, in facts in the architecture school i knew a lot of friends who had their units rocking on their pokets, now only one friend support the format, but still you can found MDs and HiMDs on some sony shops as the last produced MZ-RH1 (awesome nano robot).

Now i live in Switzerland on the italian part, here i knew only 2 MD users. I feel lucky couse there are a couple of shops full of new MDs and HiMDs at good prices that nobody wants, in deed the sellers look at me with a strange face when i buy MDs saying "but this produt is discontinued" ...me... "for that reason I am buying it".

Its a real sadness that MD is agonizing... but it is alive here on MDCF and on our ears!!!

°°MINIDISC FOR EVER°°

Cheers