Changes and additions...IMPORTANT: THIS VERSION PROBABLY WON'T WORK WITH WIN98, WIN95 or WIN ME (see first change).
Sorry, but these operating systems have limited support for unicode.
* Unicode and codepage support allowing displaying of track names containing non-english characters. This change requires the "Arial Unicode MS" font to work properlly. HIMDRenderer will still work if you don't have this font, but non english characters may not be displayed correctly. Search google if you don't have it!
* "MD Listing" can export track listings in UTF-8 or Unicode format (Output Encoding). It can also export in plain ASCII format, but this format cannot contain support for foerign characters (yet)
* Support for opening .HMA files from harddisk. This has the same limited support / restrictions as if using the "Scan HIMD" function.
* Support for non-wav/non-riff based AT3 files. Only LP2 and LP4 AT3 files of this type are currently supported.
* Added support for decoding mp3 data. This includes mp3 files, OMA files containing mp3 data (previously these cause static/noise to be generated), as well as decoding MP3 tracks direct from a HI-MD device (experimental)
* Added an option that if enabled, and the input data is mp3 (see above), then HIMDRenderer will not re-encode the mp3, but just pass it through into an mp3 file.
* Added support for encoding to WMA. Capabilities are limited to whatever WMA codec is installed on your machine.
* Updated FLAC encoding dll routines to match newer FLAC dll interface
* Added Lame MP3 presets (I hope these are correct, I just based this on what LAME actually does internally....).
* Added a filter/search system in the file list. Simply select how you wish to find/filter tracks (currently only by filename) and type the search text in the filter text box. To turn this off just remove the filter text, or select "no filter" from the filter drop-down list.
*Added an "other" folder selection button to allow selection and scanning of a custom folder that may contain OMA,OMG or MP3 files
* Added "filename options" with a default save folder, allowing you to define how HIMDRenderer constructs the output filename of each file it generates. The way to configure this is simular to how "MD Listing" works
* Added option to allow "MD Recorder" to use selected "filename options" as above, or to use the old filename format.
* Improved timings in "MD Recorder".. Tracks should no longer be truncated wrongly.
* Atrac SP tracks are no longer displayed as "Unknown ATRAC"
* Detection of when OMA/OMG decoders refuse to work, and report an appropriate error to the user. Sorry, this is as best I can make it - I can't seem to get around the darned error in certain cases :/
* Minor GUI fixes and memory leaks.
21/01/2008 - Fixed crash in "add files" in batch mode
21/01/2008 - Fixed random crash in "MD Listing"
17/02/2008 - Fixed crash in "add files" in batch mode (again)
17/02/2008 - Fixed corrupt and/or repeated audio at the end of some files
17/02/2008 - Fixed crash in bug reporter
17/02/2008 - Fixed album titles in ID3 tags becoming truncated
26/02/2008 - Fixed file creation error when creating output files for tracks that have a question mark (?) in their tag data
ALSO NOTE: THIS IS BETA. THERE ARE MANY CHANGES. BUGS MAY OF CREPT IN WITHOUT MY KNOWING. PLEASE REPORT ANY PROBLEMS VIA THE BUILT-IN BUG REPORT SYSTEM, OR VIA THIS FORUM.
Edited by marcnet, 26 February 2008 - 03:28 PM.