Sony Insider Forums
marcnet

!NEW! - HIMDRenderer 1.00 Beta 4 (updated 26/02/2008)

Rate this topic

Could you post a bug report using the built in bug reporting feature. I shall get around to investigating the problem. First my website is knackered, and needs fixing ASAP.

* Support for opening .HMA files from harddisk. This has the same limited support / restrictions as if using the "Scan HIMD" function.

Hello. I'm new to HiMDRenderer and unfortunately I don't understand what do you mean... Can you help me and clear up what are these restrictions? Is it possible to extract from tracks (.hma files), which were recorded by the MD and then copied to the harddisk?

Edited by rdaemon

Hello. I'm new to HiMDRenderer and unfortunately I don't understand what do you mean... Can you help me and clear up what are these restrictions?

Is it possible to extract from tracks (.hma files), which were recorded by the MD and then copied to the harddisk?

The HMA files contain encypted ATRAC or MP3 audio data. If the audio data originated from the PC (i.e: you ripped the track using SonicStage) then a play back key is also written to the HMA file. This allows HIMDRenderer to re-construct a working OMA file that SonicStage will play and HIMDRenderer can then convert this as normal.

With tracks recorded by a HIMD unit, this play back key is not written. I can still extract the tracks audio data from the HMA file, but IT WILL NOT BE PLAYABLE (sorry to shout). This is because I do not know what play back key to write to the re-constructed OMA file, and so SonicStage will not know how to play the file back and conversion will not work in HIMDRenderer. And I have not worked out how to decrypt the data myself.

At the moment - only SonicStage can import recorded tracks. It does this by re-encrypting the data from the HIMD using a different set of keys from what the HIMD unit used.