NETMD compatible with

Rate this topic

jjstokes

do i have to get a mini disc that allows me to play LP4 mode. I found the LP4 mode on sonic stage, but it wont let me tranfer the track.... Its a voice recording.

Voice ? what format ? mp3 , or wma , or ...... MD only play ATRAC , so you would have to convert the file in Sonic Stage first , I am on Mac so a windows guy will have to answer that one .

Voice ? what format ? mp3 , or wma , or ...... MD only play ATRAC , so you would have to convert the file in Sonic Stage first , I am on Mac so a windows guy will have to answer that one .

The voice recording that i have is about 100 minutes. I can transfer a 3 min. song to the MD player but not the 100 min voice recording. On sonic stage i selected LP4 mode but it doesnt go thru. Also, sonic stage is saying that my device/media/minidisc has 80 mins of free space on it (based on SP mode)?

Do i need to get a new disc?

thanks

The voice recording that i have is about 100 minutes. I can transfer a 3 min. song to the MD player but not the 100 min voice recording. On sonic stage i selected LP4 mode but it doesnt go thru. Also, sonic stage is saying that my device/media/minidisc has 80 mins of free space on it (based on SP mode)?

Do i need to get a new disc?

thanks

you didnt answer my question ,..........what FORMAT is the voice recording , ... What type of File is it , is it an MP3 , is it WMA , is it OGG , what FORMAt is it , SS can only convert certain types of files to ATRAC format .

you didnt answer my question ,..........what FORMAT is the voice recording , ... What type of File is it , is it an MP3 , is it WMA , is it OGG , what FORMAt is it , SS can only convert certain types of files to ATRAC format .

both MP3 and wma. now its oma

Edited by jjstokes

What version os SS are you using? It should be at minimum 3.4, if not 4.2 or 4.3 if you are on Vista. When you get to transfer there is a small square that gives you tranfer settings, if not go to properties, and set from there.

Bob

Also realize that with the 707 it is a one way street, you will not be able to go back to the puter with your file, you can check it back in, but it won't upload

Or perhaps 100 min is too long to transfer as one file, though in theory you have enough space - 80 mins SP means 320 mins LP4. You should be able to chop up the .oma file a bit using the Edit > Divide function in Sonictstage.

Also what error message do you get when trying to transfer the whole file? Maybe there's snme copy protection in force or something like that?