Sony ECM-719 Microphone

Rate this topic

smundra80

I am using an ECM-719 microphone to record with my mz-m200. The instructions say to use the following type of battery: SR-44. I have found it difficult to find this battery but have found an LR-44 which fits in the mic just fine. Is this an acceptable replacement battery?

The other thing is that when I put the battery in the microphone, I find that the light is dimly illuminated even when the mic is in the OFF Position. Is this normal? It seems to me that it is always on if the battery is placed inside the microphone, regardless of its ON/OFF position. Any help would be Appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

Ive always used an lr 44 battery for my ecm-719 and,as far as i know its the right kind of battery.As for the light,im not sure if the light is dimly lit,or whether it just looks like it is.So i would say,unless you see any reason not to,carry on using the battery you are using for the mic.

I am using an ECM-719 microphone to record with my mz-m200. The instructions say to use the following type of battery: SR-44. I have found it difficult to find this battery but have found an LR-44 which fits in the mic just fine. Is this an acceptable replacement battery?

The other thing is that when I put the battery in the microphone, I find that the light is dimly illuminated even when the mic is in the OFF Position. Is this normal? It seems to me that it is always on if the battery is placed inside the microphone, regardless of its ON/OFF position. Any help would be Appreciated!

LR44 SR44 , L44 are basically the same thing , just different ma. voltage is the same , no prob. go ahead and use it .

The LR44 is a Maganese based battery , the SR44 is a Silver Oxide with better performance

Edited by Guitarfxr