Need Help Converting ATRAC With Cubase

Rate this topic

Mikey53

Hi,

I have an internet radio show and I conduct interviews. I used my MZ-NH900 just this past weekend. I can download the ATRAC files using SonicStage 4.3 with no problem. Using Audacity I can convert them to either MP3 or WAV and the tracks play fine with Media Player on my PC. HOWEVER, when I import them into Cubase, a music editing suite, all I get is the sound of demonic, whispering squirrels - which is probably not a bad name for a Punk/Goth rock band :rolleyes:

I have downloaded the WAV Conversion Tool but it tells me that I need to install SonicStage 2.1 or higher. I have 4.3 which means that I should have no problem.

The irony is that about a month ago, I successfully recorded a phone conversation and was able to import it into Cubase with no problem ... except that this was so laong ago that I Don't remember what I did right.

Any advice that is forthcoming would be highly appreciated.

Thanx,

Mikey.

Hi,

I have an internet radio show and I conduct interviews. I used my MZ-NH900 just this past weekend. I can download the ATRAC files using SonicStage 4.3 with no problem. Using Audacity I can convert them to either MP3 or WAV and the tracks play fine with Media Player on my PC. HOWEVER, when I import them into Cubase, a music editing suite, all I get is the sound of demonic, whispering squirrels - which is probably not a bad name for a Punk/Goth rock band :rolleyes:

I have downloaded the WAV Conversion Tool but it tells me that I need to install SonicStage 2.1 or higher. I have 4.3 which means that I should have no problem.

The irony is that about a month ago, I successfully recorded a phone conversation and was able to import it into Cubase with no problem ... except that this was so laong ago that I Don't remember what I did right.

Any advice that is forthcoming would be highly appreciated.

Thanx,

Mikey.

Hey Mikey , Final Vinyl has recently been updated and is Free , It no longer needs an iMic or any Griffin interface , try running the WAV file from Audacity into it first , then into Cubase , Audacity puts a Header into the File so that the saved file if you double klik it it will automatically open back into Audacity , it does it on Mac as well .

I save a Project as WAV , and it will actually show up with an Audacity icon on the file when in my prefs all wav files should open with QT , instead the ones that come from Audacity will open back in Audacity , I have to control klik and select "Open with" ,............. actually do that , open the file with Windows media or QT first , just play a little of it close it then import it to Cubase .Who Knows ! might work

Hey Mikey , Final Vinyl has recently been updated and is Free , It no longer needs an iMic or any Griffin interface , try running the WAV file from Audacity into it first , then into Cubase , Audacity puts a Header into the File so that the saved file if you double klik it it will automatically open back into Audacity , it does it on Mac as well .

I save a Project as WAV , and it will actually show up with an Audacity icon on the file when in my prefs all wav files should open with QT , instead the ones that come from Audacity will open back in Audacity , I have to control klik and select "Open with" ,............. actually do that , open the file with Windows media or QT first , just play a little of it close it then import it to Cubase .Who Knows ! might work

Hi,

Thank you for the info. I'm running XP and all I have been able to find so far is the Mac Version. I know, "Try Mac and you'll never go back." Would you happen to know a way around this?

Hi,

Thank you for the info. I'm running XP and all I have been able to find so far is the Mac Version. I know, "Try Mac and you'll never go back." Would you happen to know a way around this?

Maybe Marcnets HiMD Renderer instead . it should convert to a freeform WAV , somewhere on the forums here , I will look for it , or maybe someone will beat me to it and post the link

.Wav converter has long been built into SonicStage. It was an add-on to the 2.x versions, but it's just irrelevant for 4.x. That's why you can't install it.

Instead of using Audacity, just use SonicStage and Save as .wav . I believe those are plain old .wav files.

Hi-MD Renderer is here: http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?showtopic=20395

Renderer converts by rendering/playing back (at computer speed) and re-recording in the format you choose. SonicStage actually decrypts, so theoretically it should be better for .wav. Hi-MD Renderer is useful for all the other formats it can generate.