My kid was attacked by 6 others today

Rate this topic

Strungup

And the Sensei's did NOTHING

They ganged up on him , in the bathroom , He escaped , and went to the teachers , and they DId ABSOLUTELY NOTHING , even worse , they with held the names of those involved .

We called the Police , and I sent email to the Japan Times .

The police are stuck because there isnt any serious injury , so they cant arrest the students . And the Teachers are unwilling to do anything to supervise the students , lunch breaks , are open ground , and the foreign student is the prime target . For no other reason than just being there.

I have also recorded the whole damn thing on MD , Three teachers came to our home after the police were called , and the Police took statements , all in all about 2 hours worth ,

And it was captured on a Mic I just bought today , for the purpose of reviewing it for the MDCF

Audio Technica AT9904 very small mono mic that runs off the Plugin Power , (a Matched pair would be easily obscure able) 30-18,000 freq response 1.5 Kohm impedance

-42db Sensitivity .

My AT 822 is -45 db Sensitivity ................. Think about it .

http://www.audio-technica.co.jp/products/mic/at9904.html

at9904.jpg

Edited by Guitarfxr

That's rough TC, hope you can reach an outcome. I had similar problems in school, what they want is a fight or reaction, frustrated them more when I was always able to walk away. Again it's the loud talker who's the trouble maker, so get your son to frustrate him in his own arena( music, chess, intellectual pursuits), hopefully it stops,

Bob

How about you talk to the parents themselves? A bit of American "in your face" attitude may get them to discipline their kids.

Had all 6 kids with parents in my home last night at 10pm , I told the "Kids " ( large 15 year olds ) I have a rule , when you see eye level with me talking stops .

Two of you are eye level .................. 6 on 1 and a small skinny 1 at that 13 years old .......... ok , you want go 6 on 1 , you me right here right now , ( in front of one of the fathers),.................. hit my kitchen table so hard the whole house shook , and all 6 of them burst into tears .

I told them , ..." I know your face , I have seen you , and I do NOT forget ,........you touch my kid again .................

Kids are a LOT bigger now in Japan than say , just ten years ago , and the western influence is ruining them , gang mentality is creeping in very rapidly . The level of violence is growing at an exponential rate , and the teachers arent paying attention to what is happening . They will leave classes unattended , school ground unattended during breaks , they all gather in the faculty lounge "Taking their leisure " expecting the children to behave according to the Sempai /Kohai relationship .............. That was also years ago , the Sempai status of an older kid only gives them the impetus to bully now .

it is really vicious here at times , and especially if your an outsider .

thanx for the comments , it is 6:15 am here , so my kid will read them when he gets up .

That's rough TC, hope you can reach an outcome. I had similar problems in school, what they want is a fight or reaction, frustrated them more when I was always able to walk away. Again it's the loud talker who's the trouble maker, so get your son to frustrate him in his own arena( music, chess, intellectual pursuits), hopefully it stops,

Bob

Bob , it is said " Give to the wise one , and he will become wiser still . " and also " The hating of discipline is what resides with the stupid ones "

I really appreciate who you are , just want you to know that .

tc

• 3 weeks later...

When I was young (from 1960 and so on) did my dad get finer jobs and we did also move to finer homes, about every half year... So I was changing school more than many times...

I did soon learn that the most aggressive "leaders" wanted to "try out" newbies and I did learn to handle that, by walking away and not show any reactions, before I was 9 years old... But the worse aspect, was that it took almost half a year before I got some friends and got "rather accepted" in a new class... And we did normally move on then!!

And when I finally come to a class (then 11 years old) where I would stay, did I notice that it was impossible to become totally accepted, if you not grow up with the class... Ok, I got respected after some years and regarded as "one of the class" before ground school ended... But the girls did only have romantic affairs with "original" class members, with very few exceptions and it was generally only possible to have that type of relations with girls from other classes!

I learned anyhow that a few close friends, did also help the general acceptance and that can be something for your kid too ;-)

Hope my experience will help someway and it made me a lot stronger, but also not interested in "group" activities...

BB

English correction ( only to show I understood what you said , not to demean in any way )

When I was young (from 1960 and so on) my dad changed a lot of jobs and we moved to nicer homes, about every half year... So I was changing schools many times...

I soon learned that the most aggressive "leaders" wanted to "try out" newbies and I learned to handle that, by walking away and not showing any reaction, before I was 9 years old... But the worse aspect, was that it took almost half a year before I got some friends and became "somewhat accepted" in a new class... And we normally moved on by that time!!

And when I finally came to a class (then 11 years old) where I would stay, I noticed that it was impossible to become totally accepted, if you did not grow up with the class... Ok, I got respect after a few years and was finally regarded as "one of the class" before ground school ended... But the girls only had romantic affairs with "original" class members, with very few exceptions and it was generally only possible to have that type of relation with girls from other classes!

I learned anyhow that a few close friends, help the general acceptance and that can be something for your kid too ;-)

Hope my experience will help someway and it made me a lot stronger, but also not interested in "group" activities...

BB

Thx for your input , it is very difficult for a child in a foreign country , easier if that child WANTS to be there , but much harder when there are friends that are missed from whence they came .

I too went to many schools ( My Father was in the army , and we were moved often ) and I am also an only child , so I understand exactly what your talking about .

Edited by Guitarfxr

T.C, will you prosecute the school of your kid ? and / or the 6 bastards who attacked your kid ?

I did in fact call the police , but the Police said " Because there was no "Serious " injury , nothing we can do except warn them "

I was furious , The school was confronted by the police , then the Parents of the 6 as well as themselves came to my home to apologize , but I was in no mood for that , I cornered the 6 , and made it clear that if they ever laid a hand on my kid again , I was going Rambo on them .