recommended phones

Rate this topic

lastmanshooting

hi everyone my first post on here and im on the sponge lol JUST for info though

just got back into md as im fed up with rubbish mp3 players

so i have a new mz-rh1 FANTASTIC bit of kit when played through the home hi-fi but the u/s phones that come with it

sound tat,

what in ear phones are recommended

i have around £100 to spend i like detailed hi's and smooth deep low's thanks in advance steve

that is a "Can O Worms " ,

Sooooooooo many opinions on that subject .

I have some Sennheiser ,CX300's that are pretty good , but the CX 500's are out now , a little more money , but interesting.

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/newsite/produ...?transid=500830

CX300-B_normal.jpg

cheers been looking at those along with a few more cx 500 titanium cx95 style sony mdr ex90lp its very confusing there's not that many places where i live that you can try before you buy either which makes it a suck and see

For £100 you should be able to get superb sound.

For big (home) phones get the best Grado SR in your budget. (I have SR125, fantastic clear highs and lows).

For little in-ear phones look at the Shure SE series, or see if you can find Shure E4 or E4c (not E4G, for gamers).

Unfortunately you folks in the UK get ripped off on electronics prices. If you have a friend visiting the US, you can get much better value, especially with the weak dollar now.

For £100 you should be able to get superb sound.

For big (home) phones get the best Grado SR in your budget. (I have SR125, fantastic clear highs and lows).

For little in-ear phones look at the Shure SE series, or see if you can find Shure E4 or E4c (not E4G, for gamers).

Unfortunately you folks in the UK get ripped off on electronics prices. If you have a friend visiting the US, you can get much better value, especially with the weak dollar now.

Agreed on the quality of the SR125, but hard to drive with the typical MD unit weedy amp.

The Ultimate Ears offerings are very good if you have a thick wallet. If not, there is always the trusty Koss Portapros or Senn PX-100's...

• 2 weeks later...