WWDC 2008 Macworld

Rate this topic

Strungup

For once .......... I think They might get it right . The new iPhone , has " Drastically Improved Audio Performance " Their words not mine

But that being said ...... The SdK that comes with the new software someone will be writing audio apps for the iPhone soon

199 for the 8Gb , full 3G compliance , and support in 70 countries now . unbelievable , ....... it also has GPS .........

The video is worth a watch , apple.com watch the wwdc2008 then lets discuss AFTER YOU WATCH THE WHOLE VIDEO , no slackers or uninformed opinions

Lets have a discussion of how this will affect the last vestiges of Audiophilia , and personal music

( I got a TOTAL KICK out of the "Band" application for iPhone .......... you MUST watch ,

I think I will give in on this one ,.......... Because it IS Mac based , I could have a COMPLETELY English phone ............in JAPAN , YAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!

As long as Apple selling it locked to a provider, it will never fly in Asia, where pretty much all phones from Nokia, SE, HTC, etc are being sold unlocked, even under a contract. I'm not paying for a locked phone and being forced into an expensive contract at the same time.

I believe the audio quality Jobs talking about might refer to the call quality of cell calls, not the audio quality of the iPod. There were complaints about the speaker of the previous iPhone being not loud enough.

There is one source of the debate eh! Is it the Calls or The Box ....... if it is the Overall sound quality , then that is one of the MAIN complaints that everyone has had with the iPod series , is in comparison with MD , The "i" stuff just plain did not sound good

this new model has a Flush headphone jack , so that you don't need an adapter , you can use ANY headphones you want to, not just the White social identity tags that come with the iPhone .

The Gaming on it looked really cool full 3d graphical and tilt motion control , I thought the Medical Programs were very cool , viewing full Scalable MRI imaging and every other aspect of anatomy and medicine is going to make the Doctor /Patient interaction , quite a bit easier .

I had the opportunity to "play" with an I[hone for a while a few weeks ago. Apart from the gimmck of it, I found very little to be impressed with. For now I'll keep my blackberry, at least I know it works, does what I need, and has buttons.

Bob

I had the opportunity to "play" with an I[hone for a while a few weeks ago. Apart from the gimmck of it, I found very little to be impressed with. For now I'll keep my blackberry, at least I know it works, does what I need, and has buttons.

Bob

Yah , but I am not talking about the previous iPhone Bob , talking about the new one coming out July 11 , very different machine , and much cheaper on the front end ( The service plane will still be the drainer)

The service plane will still be the drainer

AT&T rate plans for the iPhone 3G will be even more expensive than the previous iPhone, and they will force you to sign a contract and activate the phone in-store if you want to buy it. What a load of crap. I hope AT&T will screw so many customers (they are already doing a very good job at that) that people will correlate the iPhone with AT&T's poor service, and then hopefully Apple decide to ditch AT&T.

AT&T rate plans for the iPhone 3G will be even more expensive than the previous iPhone, and they will force you to sign a contract and activate the phone in-store if you want to buy it. What a load of crap. I hope AT&T will screw so many customers (they are already doing a very good job at that) that people will correlate the iPhone with AT&T's poor service, and then hopefully Apple decide to ditch AT&T.

yeah I agree with that , but in Japan it will be on several different servers I think , starting with Vodaphone , I am on Tuka ( which I believe is Vodaphone ) now so I would have to check that out , if not the iPod touch will be revamped with the new software , and it is wireless so , if it can use 3g and WiFi , then free spots are everywhere and cheap spots are even easier to find . There are some services for wireless that are 30 bucks a month with full country coverage ( Internet only)

yeah I agree with that , but in Japan it will be on several different servers I think , starting with Vodaphone , I am on Tuka ( which I believe is Vodaphone ) now so I would have to check that out , if not the iPod touch will be revamped with the new software , and it is wireless so , if it can use 3g and WiFi , then free spots are everywhere and cheap spots are even easier to find . There are some services for wireless that are 30 bucks a month with full country coverage ( Internet only)

but at the end of the day it's still Apple, for me especially having a choice, I'd think there are a lot of better choices

Bob

The announcement for Japan is that it will be exclusive to SoftBank.

iPod Touch doesn't have cellular wireless, only wifi. Plus you have to pay to get the new firmware.

On the Video Steve specifically showed Vodaphone on the list of providers , I beg to differ , This is exactly why I said THE WHOLe video needs to be watched

What is it with "Glance and Know " with everyone these days , .......... Skim thru something , you miss every thing .

there were in fact TWO different Japan providers shown ...... so if it is an announcement from another source , then it is a wait and see thing .

On the Video Steve specifically showed Vodaphone on the list of providers , I beg to differ , This is exactly why I said THE WHOLe video needs to be watched

What is it with "Glance and Know " with everyone these days , .......... Skim thru something , you miss every thing .

there were in fact TWO different Japan providers shown ...... so if it is an announcement from another source , then it is a wait and see thing .

There weren't two Japan providers shown, you must have skimmed through the business news in Japan during March 2006. Softbank purchased the Japan division from Vodafone two years ago. The use of the Vodafone logo on the screen when Jobs showed the carriers is in reference to Australia, Italy, New Zealand, and Portugal.

There weren't two Japan providers shown, you must have skimmed through the business news in Japan during March 2006. Softbank purchased the Japan division from Vodafone two years ago. The use of the Vodafone logo on the screen when Jobs showed the carriers is in reference to Australia, Italy, New Zealand, and Portugal.

ahhh ok accepted , I didnt know Softbank Bought Vodaphone .........thx ,But I have to correct you TWO Japanese companies are shown .

on the Vid It Clearly Showed Vodaphone on that list as he was speaking of the carriers , down at the bottom right of the scrolling display of all the carriers .

Also the video clearly Shows , Softbank , AND Vodaphone separately ,.........ergo................ the TWO Japanese Carriers is easily assumed ( Bottom left is Softbank , on the Right is Vodaphone )

post-119791-126041246406_thumb.jpg

Edited by Guitarfxr

Who's skimming what? I was listening to the WWDC keynote as it was happening mind you.

So now it becomes an argument about Steve's keynote slide, which as bland has pointed out, Vodafone refers to Australia, Italy, New Zealand, and Portugal. Even if you assume that the slide refers to Vodafone Japan, bland already pointed out that Vodafone has been acquired by Softbank. So considering the slide is shown in 2008, where Vodafone Japan is already bought by Softbank, the presence of Vodafone logo would refer to those countries mentioned above, not Japan. That's like saying T-Mobile US will get the iPhone too just because T-Mobile's logo is on the slide.

Even bloggers already know that Softbank is the exclusive provider for Japan before WWDC. Not news at all.

Edited by pata2001

then tell me why Vodaphone still has active branches here .

So Bland said the Softbank bought them ,......... I didnt argue , I in fact said THX , He said , " There were NOT Two Japanese carriers mentioned ."

When without the knowledge of the Softbank buyout , the logical conclusion is in Fact TWO companies were mentioned on the slide ( Not verbal )

No Offense intended at all , I saw Vodaphone , and I saw Softbank ........ Ergo TWO Japanese Companies , it is right there in the picture , anyone can see it .

This conversation was in fact supposed to be about how this would play out for the rest of the Audiophiles , and what direction the portable Audio format was going to take .

Instead it is turning into an argument over the Business end of the iPhone ...................

I Quote

"Lets have a discussion of how this will affect the last vestiges of Audiophilia , and personal music "

you said ,

"As long as Apple selling it locked to a provider, it will never fly in Asia, where pretty much all phones from Nokia, SE, HTC, etc are being sold unlocked, even under a contract. I'm not paying for a locked phone and being forced into an expensive contract at the same time."

that really had nothing to do with the conversation I was looking for

........oh well .

The forums are decending into a bashing game , and nitpick game .................... enough already

that really had nothing to do with the conversation I was looking for

........oh well .

The forums are decending into a bashing game , and nitpick game .................... enough already

I already said that the audio quality improvements probably more for cell calls, not necessarily the iPod part. You're the one who started bashing others:

:scratchhead: Oh well.