Sony Insider Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheCase

More inputs via wireless

Rate this topic

Hi,

I can only plug one mic into my MiniDisc at the moment but if I want to plug more how and wirelessly ... I dont really want wires everywhere :)

Thanks

Hi,

I can only plug one mic into my MiniDisc at the moment but if I want to plug more how and wirelessly ... I dont really want wires everywhere :)

Thanks

A small mixer so that each of the Wireless receivers have its own channel and level control then run the mix to the Md unit

So I'm looking at this

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?Module...er&doy=17m7

Idealy the setup should be mixer at base with wireless reciever ... other wireless reciever on people and the the minidisc will be at base with the mixer. I have corded mics though how can I get them wireless is there some kind of adaptor?

That is a Passive mixer for line level stuff , and it doesnt sound very good ( it is just a fixer ) for a few more duckies , you can get a MUCH nicer mixer .

but yeah that is the idea.

The Tapco , is much better built , and yes there are adapters for turning a balanced mic to a wireless .

how many channels do you need ?

Edited by Guitarfxr

I need 4

Thanks

Ok look at this mixer , Tapco Mix.60 .( Tapco is Mackie's budget line so you get a Good mixer on a budget price) Notice channels 3,4 , on the inputs there are two ways to go in , ( Mono =Left input only , or Stereo on 1 channel both inputs )

also notice that there is EQ on Each channel ( VERY IMPORTANT ) a little EQ can solve a HUGE amount of problems in the Bass area ( To much or to little etc .) getting a Balanced sound between all the mics , each persons dynamics are a little different , so each channel gets a little different setting for a better overall sound scape .

MIX60-TOP.jpg

Thank you very much. How can I wireless my wired mics?

That is the expensive part , Wireless transmitters aren't cheap

The best place that will have access to the most info , is FullCompass , I have dealt with them a lot over many years , good people , good company .

http://www.fullcompass.com/