Recording via Bluetooth onto a MD

Rate this topic

aafuss

I discovered a new way to record a MD- recording streamed music via a Bluetooth adaptor.

We use Sony's HWS-BTA2W, which is used to stream audio from my Mac to record onto a MD.

It's a strange recording method, but works extremely well and recorded sound is good.

Edited by A.A. Fussy

I discovered a new way to record a MD- recording streamed music via a Bluetooth adaptor.

We use Sony's HWS-BTA2W, which is used to stream audio from my Mac to record onto a MD.

It's a strange recording method, but works extremely well and recorded sound is good.

Pardon my ignorance but... WHY? Like why do you need to record wireless to or from your computer when you can just use an audio cable? I guess I just need an example of how this technology would be incredibly useful. I can see how eliminating heaphone cables would HELP, but I still think you must lose something in quality going wireless.

Pardon my ignorance but... WHY? Like why do you need to record wireless to or from your computer when you can just use an audio cable? I guess I just need an example of how this technology would be incredibly useful. I can see how eliminating heaphone cables would HELP, but I still think you must lose something in quality going wireless.

This (your comment) makes no sense to me. MD needs (effectively) streaming sound, so glitches/drops in the stream shouldn't matter. That's what the buffers and G-protection are all about. Bluetooth is a point-to-point protocol like Ethernet, and is lossless (of course). So there's no reason why the SQ would be affected at all.

I just bought a Parrot FM transmitter for my car to use handsfree cellphone. The only loss of SQ comes from the broadcast via FM - I think the FM transmitter isn't particularly good. The Bluetooth connection seems perfectly fine.

I have run my laptop' network connection on Bluetooth at high speed and for hours at a time, as a test. I get a stable connection, so I have no idea why you wouldn't get a solid result from the method OP describes.

I really think any loss of SQ is likely from cheap components in the BT headset or whatever.

Just my $0.02

Stephen

Hmm, I was thinking of that Advanced Audio Transfer (or however it is called) feature of Bluetooth. That is really quite crap and not worth investing in at the moment.

If you are using BT for transferring data like over a network; however, it would indeed be lossless, just like any other network data transfer. Therefore, sorry - my bad.

Although there is still a lesson in this: dont use bluetooth headphones!!