Post-Concert Recording Issue...

Rate this topic

Vince G.

Hi all! New here, and I have a question regarding my MD player that I tend to use every now and then for recording concerts.

I own an Aiwa AM-F70. Bought in Japan while I was stationed there from 1995-2001. I've been using it for the purpose of recording many concerts I attend, and it's been some of the best money I ever spent.

But, I've noticed only 1 problem I encounter with it after I record a show. Reg0radless where I sit, be it nosebleeders to mid-section to the front row, in an outdoor or indoor venue, each and every time I get the finished and mastered product back from a friend of mine on CD-R, there's always a slight fluttering sound you can hear running in the background. It's not present during the playing of the music, because, obviously, the music drowns out the fluttering sound. But, in between songs you can hear it, sometimes it's louder than other recordings, and at other times it's barely present.

I trust the person who master my recordings from MD, as his business is audio production and he works for several major TV shows in L.A., and even he is puzzled by this sound. We both use MD as our primary source for recordings, and I've compared copies of the shows he and I have attended and recorded separately, and this sound isn't present anywhere on his recordngs, only on mine. I've always taken excellent care of my MD system, so I don't think it's anything that I migh have done. The mic I use is an Aiwa stereo mic, also purchased in Japan, so I don't think it's the mic either. And, I always ensure that the mic is away from my mouth so as to accidentally pick up the sounds of me breathing or talking.

I was just wondering if anyone else has encountered a sound similar to this as well on any of their recordings? If so, what's causing it and how do I prevent it?

Thanks!

sound like the Power mangement system is about to go on you , it gets picked up first in anomolies such as this , because it manages power to the WHOLE system including the Mic Preamps and recording control , and the Heads Read/Write , etc all that will start coming thru the Audio as a subtle warning , if your lucky , otherwise it just dies .

the AM-F70 is a pretty old machine , and if you have used it a LOT , I think it might be time ......... I have started to notice a LOT of broken F70's in Hardoff ( I live in Japan ) so there is a trend , a certain Life span if you will.