Compilation Challenge: acoustic, quartet +, mid-tempo jazz

Rate this topic

ShriDurga

One thing I didn't bring much of to Nepal is straight-ahead acoustic jazz. And after hearing some this past week I realized how much I'd like to here more. So here's a challenge for traders who like to compile, an original jazz collection featuring

• all acoustic instruments
  • a piano/bass/drum rhythm section + at least one other instrument, preferably horns
  • no vocals
  • mid-tempo compositions
  • all music from one decade

The compiler should strive for consistency in mood and fidelity.

Anyone willing to take the challenge, I will be happy to trade you for any of the compilations I am posting, for music from Nepal, for non-music items from Nepal, or for blanks. PM me to work out the details.

Hope to be hearing from you soon.

• 1 month later...

One thing I didn't bring much of to Nepal is straight-ahead acoustic jazz. And after hearing some this past week I realized how much I'd like to here more. So here's a challenge for traders who like to compile, an original jazz collection featuring

• all acoustic instruments
  • a piano/bass/drum rhythm section + at least one other instrument, preferably horns
  • no vocals
  • mid-tempo compositions
  • all music from one decade

The compiler should strive for consistency in mood and fidelity.

Anyone willing to take the challenge, I will be happy to trade you for any of the compilations I am posting, for music from Nepal, for non-music items from Nepal, or for blanks. PM me to work out the details.

Hope to be hearing from you soon.

Can you name a few artists for the general idea of the genre?

Can you name a few artists for the general idea of the genre?

Many jazz artists do different types of projects, from acoustic to electric, traditional to popular to experimental. It's not so much the artist then, as it is the project. The Miles Davis Quintet albums would qualify, for example, but Tutu would not.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

f you enjoy listening to jazz presented by enough voices to be a chorus when that embellishes the arrangement, sung by singers so accomplished that you can follow each individual voice through complex vocal intertwining, you will love Beachfront Property. This group of southern California studio singers alternate accompanied andunaccompanied tunes which become jazz standards after they are through with them if they weren't before.

Edited by Jeck Martin

• 2 months later...

this I can do! The disc will be recorded in SP unless you want LP2 for some bizzare reason. In return . . . well a similar idea perhaps, PM me your address and I'll get started!

Thank you so much for the offer, JK.

That first post was written 5 months ago when I was in Nepal without any jazz to hand. Now I'm back home in Japan with more than enough jazz. In fact, I'm trying to get rid of what jazz I have.

Maybe someone else will be interested in a trade. Thank you again for your offer. I wish we had made contact a few months ago.

• 1 month later...