MZ DH10P charge via USB?

Rate this topic

Azureal

Should my MH DH10P charge from a USB port? When plugged in, I see the "OPR" light on but not the "CHG" light. I have no CP installed on this machine although I did install the PA_Driver from Sony and the device does show up as a USB Mass Storage device assigned to drive e: on this machine.

Thanks for any advice,

Azureal

Thanks a ton for the quick response and for the link to the PDF manual. I have my unit with me and I also have the cable but the battery is dead and I could not figure out why it would not play disks. The unit shows up as a drive only when connected with the cable.

On the same page of the manual which you cite, it also says that it is not possible to charge the battery from the computer while connected to the bus power.

Thanks again for finding the answer for me.

Azureal

I don't own this machine, but the manual says on page 49 that you should put a fully charged battery in it when you connect to a computer, so the implication is that it won't charge from the computer.

I don't own this machine, but the manual says on page 49 that you should put a fully charged battery in it when you connect to a computer, so the implication is that it won't charge from the computer.

I'm surprised about that as the other 2nd generation Hi-MD units (RH10, 910 at least) do indeed charge via USB, even if it is a refresh charge only. A full charge is not possible according to the manuals.

Edited by sharpsony