Sonic stage has stopped working

Rate this topic

Tathraman

I wish I could help, but I need similar help.

SonicStage installed earlier today - played cd's but would abort import at the 99% point every time. Eventually it steered me toward uninstall/reinstall program - which I did.

After reinstall/restart, it won't even open at all; it keeps giving me an error message "The selected music file cannot be played back because the system information has been changed. Click OK to automatically close SonicStage and open the SonicStage System information Restore tool. (Error code 00004e2e)" - which, through following it through it's twists and turns, led me to this point of it won't even open.

During the install and the later un/REinstall processes, both times it wouldn't load the "Simple Burner" part of the program, it said it was aborting that installation, and I clicked "ok" like I had a choice or something.

My system is Vista if that's of any information....

What's a mother to do to get this thing rockin' please?

phil

Hi,

Thanks for the responses....

I really appreciate knowing that simple burner won't work with Vista home premium - saved me A LOT of research - thanks very much for that Arvin.

After I figured out that I needed 4.3, I un-re-un-re-un-re-installed THAT one, which DID work that night only - the next day - no go.

What I could do was add to the library from CD thru hard-drive, then transfer to the MZ-M200, which worked ! ...No way could I transfer from the MD to SonicStage though. No longer can I transfer TO the MD recorder anymore.....should I just try ANOTHER uninstall/REinstall????

Thanks,

phil

Hi,

Thanks for the responses....

I really appreciate knowing that simple burner won't work with Vista home premium - saved me A LOT of research - thanks very much for that Arvin.

After I figured out that I needed 4.3, I un-re-un-re-un-re-installed THAT one, which DID work that night only - the next day - no go.

What I could do was add to the library from CD thru hard-drive, then transfer to the MZ-M200, which worked ! ...No way could I transfer from the MD to SonicStage though. No longer can I transfer TO the MD recorder anymore.....should I just try ANOTHER uninstall/REinstall????

Thanks,

phil

I installed Sonic Stage 4.3. It doesn't work on Vista Business. Do you know how to get it to work?

I installed Sonic Stage 4.3. It doesn't work on Vista Business. Do you know how to get it to work?

No, I don't know, but I'm having a bit more success now and I'll tell you what I did do:

I took out a partially burned MD from the recorder and re-put it back in - and SonicStage noticed it, so I could burn to it but not FROM it to SonicStage. Other basic things were re-booting the computer, re-plugging in the recorder - that type of stuff.

Currently my attempts to record TO the SS library From the MD keeps getting the error message: "Tracks that do not exist in MY Library are selected. Cannot transfer the tracks deleted from My Library to the computer.".

True enough, I did originally burn them to MD via the library, and then deleted them from the library.

So it DID indeed work when I transferred FROM the MD to SS when I used a minidisc that wasn't "sourced" from the library.

I just kept trying different things...I'm not sure WHAT made the difference.

Good luck on this.

phil