Problem Transferring MP3's

Rate this topic

carlie7

What the heck?... I

I've been using SonicStage for years and have NEVER had a problem converting and transferring files to MD.

Today when I try transfer some MP3's to MD via SonicStage I get the following message:

"Error Report

Transfers not allowed"

What gives? It doesn't even convert the files but goes right to the error report.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled SS and rebooted numerous times.

Anyone care to take a stab at solving this one?

Many thanks.

What the heck?... I

I've been using SonicStage for years and have NEVER had a problem converting and transferring files to MD.

Today when I try transfer some MP3's to MD via SonicStage I get the following message:

"Error Report

Transfers not allowed"

What gives? It doesn't even convert the files but goes right to the error report.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled SS and rebooted numerous times.

Anyone care to take a stab at solving this one?

Many thanks.

I have no idea if this is related, but... I had a similar experience yesterday being unable to transfer WAV files that SS knew about. Solution: get rid of the entries in the catalog, reimport from the same wave files, export/conversion to LP2 on MD goes just fine.

Your report makes me nervous that something involving keys is messing up sonicstage. I hardly ever used MP3s, and in this case, not at all.

Can someone explain to me exactly what it is that finally disappears on 31st Dec 2008 with the demise of Connect? I would be rather upset if SS has been going out and getting keys updated via some website that is going to disappear permanently.

Hoping I don't sound alarmist, because right now I am more suspicious than actually paranoid... (I know, just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't persecuting me.....).

Stephen

You should run the File Conversion Tool on your entire Library to remove the DRM from everything in there. Leaving any DRM restrictions on anything--not just SonicStage, but especially SonicStage--is asking for trouble.

Every time I upload a live recording, I run File Conversion immediately afterward. Then I know I'll have portable, playable files.

You should run the File Conversion Tool on your entire Library to remove the DRM from everything in there. Leaving any DRM restrictions on anything--not just SonicStage, but especially SonicStage--is asking for trouble.

Every time I upload a live recording, I run File Conversion immediately afterward. Then I know I'll have portable, playable files.

I do.

It was WAV files (not .OMA PCM's) that I was having trouble with. Same exact message as OP.