Loudness on mz-dh710

Rate this topic

Xeys_00

Does anyone know if this model has a loudness problem? I'm thinking of getting one, maybe.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-SONY-MZ-DH710-HI-M...%3A1|240%3A1318

I used to have the DH710 and loved it. The DH710 is the non-european model so I think it is free of any download issues. i never noticed that it wasn't loud enough. One thing to note, though, is that this is a download-only unit if I remember correctly. Nevertheless, I always loved this unit because it looked so cool and it had a good feel to it.

I used to have the DH710 and loved it. The DH710 is the non-european model so I think it is free of any download issues. i never noticed that it wasn't loud enough. One thing to note, though, is that this is a download-only unit if I remember correctly. Nevertheless, I always loved this unit because it looked so cool and it had a good feel to it.

Well, I am using netmd currently. But it seems I can take my 66 minidscs(mostly 80 minute type), and double how much lp2 music I can put on there. And that sounds kind of cool.

Well, I am using netmd currently. But it seems I can take my 66 minidscs(mostly 80 minute type), and double how much lp2 music I can put on there. And that sounds kind of cool.

Minor problem, I am currently mulling over writing a systemic expose on which types of recordings really benefit from Type-S playback and therefore are OK in LP2. And on which units.

I tried the LP-HiMD trick, recording at LP2 on HiMD. So far I am completely underwhelmed by the effective sound. I'm not sure what the problem is. All the HiMD units are supposed to "include" Type-S" technology. But do they really?

YMMV.

I myself have got 2 of the EU Version RH710 Hi-MD units, and then I used the volume hack to get full volume on it as if it was a North American version. Team that up with either a Black RM-MC38EL or 55ELK and some black EX85SL IEMs and I have myself a rig for skating with. Yes, but unfortunately, the DH710 only downloads from PC to player, while the RH710 also records from either line-level analog or digital optical, and, it has a remote/phones jack as opposed to the DH710's phones-only jack. Even though the RH710 will a nard to find unit, if you like color-coordinated gear that works great, I recommend it, or perhaps the NH700 Silver with either a Silver MC38EL, MC40ELK (highly recommended) or 55ELK remote, and either the EX90SL IEMs (get them before they dsappear) or EX500SL Black (with silver trim) IEMs (they just came out).