MZ-R70 thoughts, anyone?

Rate this topic

Xeys_00

Can someone tell me of their experience was with this unit? Does it make a lot of noise recording? the idea is to start recording, put it in my pocket, and then record the class I am in. Would it be too noisy for that?

As long as you don't use the small mic that plugs right into the unit, you will be fine, if you have one of them, use an extension cable.

Happy recording,

Bob

Probably just fine. You will record in mono, presumably? As an SP-only unit, the only way to get more than 80 minutes on a single disk.

Also there are lots of R91's (or R90 perhaps) on the market, with all the same features, and for not much $$$. They are probably more solidly built as they were a more expensive model. I have the R91 and I really like it. Seems to record from mike OK.

Hi, I have both units, I got them on amazon.com some time ago.

I got the '91 'used like new' for $90 and the '70 in the same condition for $75.

Both came with all the accesories PLUS some sony microphones and work perfectly even though they are 9 and 10 years old (I think).

However the MZ-R91 is better simply because it comes with more options than the MZ-R70. Both sound great but the 90 is much more versatil.

Hope this helps.

Juan

Edited by Juan22

MZ-R70, this was my first own MD unit. I got a MZ-R70 in year 2000 to record (in stereo) a very long professional seminar. What a jump, compare to my old "micro-cassettes". I used to record the first seminar. Bobt is right the sound will be perfect if the microphone is far away from the machine AND you pencils box. Sit close to whom speak, ever else all is between you and the speaker.

If I does not mistaken, the problem is you will NOT be able to transfer on your computer what you have recorded excepted if you have also a MZ-RH1/M200. It is why you should choose an Hi-MD model who can do that if you have the opportunity.

Philippe, from Vietnam