Low Volume when recording with Sonic Stage?

Rate this topic

Xeys_00

Don't think you can. The only way would be to "normalize" or scale the file before putting into SS. This may have the effect of making what goes via the optical too loud. It's a pain because you have to make wave files and normalize those. There are no software tools for manipulating ATRAC directly. However having manipulated them, you *can* leave the wave file in SS for sending to MD.

But since you only get LP2 quality no matter what, I would stick to SP into optical for your favourite recordings. Until you get a HiMD, that is :)

Don't think you can. The only way would be to "normalize" or scale the file before putting into SS. This may have the effect of making what goes via the optical too loud. It's a pain because you have to make wave files and normalize those. There are no software tools for manipulating ATRAC directly. However having manipulated them, you *can* leave the wave file in SS for sending to MD.

But since you only get LP2 quality no matter what, I would stick to SP into optical for your favourite recordings. Until you get a HiMD, that is :)

Yea, I'm on the fence right now... But getting 3 dh710s for about 279 total is looking more and more like the "final solution". I could use my existing 116 80 minute blanks, and save my n707 for strictly mic recording. It all depends on if I win a n505 for 40 bucks and 10 shipping, sealed in the box new. If that doesn't go, I'm pulling the trigger on the 3x dh710.

Oh yes... one more thing - some of the more recent decks (anything from about 2001 on) have "SFEdit" which is Scale Factor Edit which you can do direct on an SP minidisc itself. I have a vague reminiscence it doesn't work on LP2 anyway, and I wouldn't want to... too much resolution lost already.

• 2 weeks later...