HiMD Transfer for Linux, working

Rate this topic

cbmuser

I hope to release beta 5 for general testing - on condition:

1) I get permission from the people who made this linux project - I've used their code to decrypt the Atrac / PCM data (I already had mp3 done myself)

Well, you should contact us to ask for permission, shouldn't you ? And we haven't heard of you, yet. Actually our code is covered by GPL, so you would have to release the source-code of our parts again if you want to publish it. Whenever you use GPL-ed code, you have to release the source-code as well, thats the terms.

Please join us in #linux-minidisc on FreeNode to discuss. I cannot decide this on my own, Michael wrote most of the libhimd-code.

Adrian

Hi folks,

today I tested the build process on a Mac Mini G4 with MacOS 10.5.7 and everything builds without problems now. If you simply follow the steps, you can build QHiMDTransfer yourself very easily:

https://wiki.physik.fu-berlin.de/linux-mini...=compilingonmac

Just make sure you install the current version of XCode 3.1 from the Apple Developer Website (the older version provided with 10.5 will not work) and Qt 4.5.0 or higher and Macports with the necessary packages. Everything is explained in the website linked above, however.

Adrian

However, you still need to install it as my program depends on the dlls and stuff that is installed with Sonicstage to decode the atrac data

Does it need a complete installation, or just OpenMG libraries (like Minidisc Simple Burner)? If only OpenMG libraries are required, there is no need to install the entire SonicStage package. You can always download and install OpenMG and NetMD drivers separately.

Edited by Avrin

Does it need a complete installation, or just OpenMG libraries (like Minidisc Simple Burner)? If only OpenMG libraries are required, there is no need to install the entire SonicStage package. You can always download and install OpenMG and NetMD drivers separately.

I haven't tested HiMDRenderer myself, but to my current knowledge of SonicStage and OpenMG, the sole installation of OpenMG should be sufficient as long the DirectShow-filters are installed as well. Just give it a try and report back :).

Adrian

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks,

today I tested the build process on a Mac Mini G4 with MacOS 10.5.7 and everything builds without problems now. If you simply follow the steps, you can build QHiMDTransfer yourself very easily:

I'm not a Terminal guy by any means, but the install was simple. Thanks to your clear instructions. Yes, it took over an hour for the extra packages to be installed in Macports.

QHiMDTransfer works great for uploading PCM recordings. Thanks! I'm running OS 10.5.7 on a MacBook 2.4 (black)

A couple of notes for feedback:

1) One thing to add would be that QHiMDTransfer remembers where you uploaded tracks last in the Finder. Then, the next time you upload, you don't have to go through the process of finding the directory, that is if you are uploading to the same folder each time. This is a minor inconvenience in light of the freedom that this application offers.

2) the rename feature isn't working. I highlight an item and click the rename icon (or the File menu item), but nothing happens.

3) My daily recordings are done on an MDLP unit (B10) that I then upload to my computer everyday in SonicStage. MD formatted discs inserted into the RH1 will not show up in the Finder. Is it even a possibility to develop QHiMDTransfer to transfer SP/LP/mono recordings, when non HiMD discs do not show up in the Finder?

One thing to note for all those who are going to upgrade to Leopard Snow, is that QHiMDTransfer is a universal app. Whereas Hi-MD Music Transfer is PowerPC, which will not work in Leopard Snow. And I doubt that Sony has any plans of further development for Hi-MD Music Transfer.

Edited by baturjan

Hello baturjan,

I'm not a Terminal guy by any means, but the install was simple. Thanks to your clear instructions. Yes, it took over an hour for the extra packages to be installed in Macports.

QHiMDTransfer works great for uploading PCM recordings. Thanks! I'm running OS 10.5.7 on a MacBook 2.4 (black)

Thanks for your positive feedback :).

A couple of notes for feedback:

1) One thing to add would be that QHiMDTransfer remembers where you uploaded tracks last in the Finder. Then, the next time you upload, you don't have to go through the process of finding the directory, that is if you are uploading to the same folder each time. This is a minor inconvenience in light of the freedom that this application offers.

This is something we can put into the final version, I will put it onto the TODO-list.

2) the rename feature isn't working. I highlight an item and click the rename icon (or the File menu item), but nothing happens.

Yes, renaming/formatting/downloading is not working at the moment. We already know how to format a HiMD and also how to rename tracks, it's just a matter of implementation. We are still busy with other stuff at the moment, please give us some time, the software is still under heavy development.

3) My daily recordings are done on an MDLP unit (B10) that I then upload to my computer everyday in SonicStage. MD formatted discs inserted into the RH1 will not show up in the Finder. Is it even a possibility to develop QHiMDTransfer to transfer SP/LP/mono recordings, when non HiMD discs do not show up in the Finder?

Yes, we are working on that and have already successfully uploaded standard MDs with the RH1 on Linux during tests. Also, ffmpeg supports decoding of ATRAC-SP directly, so you will be able to play your recordings with VLC soon. Please just give us some time here as well, we have only limited capacities. Expect something fully working in one year (worst case).

One thing to note for all those who are going to upgrade to Leopard Snow, is that QHiMDTransfer is a universal app. Whereas Hi-MD Music Transfer is PowerPC, which will not work in Leopard Snow. And I doubt that Sony has any plans of further development for Hi-MD Music Transfer.

Well, not. It's not universal but you create the app from the sources yourself, so it will work on any Mac or other computer which supports Qt and the other libraries. That's the power of Open Source ;).

Adrian

Hi folks,

just wanted to let you know that we have some program-code now which is able to decrypt ATRAC3-files from SoS without having to have SonicStage installed. It only requires some key files which are stored in:

"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Sony Shared\\OpenMG\\Omgkey\\omg_id.dat"
"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Sony Shared\\OpenMG\\procfile"

If you have these files you are able to decrypt any OpenMG content and play it with VLC or mplayer for example.

For legal issues, we are not sure when we are going to merge this code into ours (Sony still has very good lawyers) but I just want to let you know that we just made another big leap thanks to this guy.

Adrian

Edited by cbmuser

Yes, thats because we have changed the build-system.

D'oh! Tried it again today. Everything builds properly, except for qhimdtransfer. Qmake runs, but when I run make, I get this error:

cd libhimd/ && make -f Makefile 
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/erik/linux-minidisc/libhimd'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `first'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/erik/linux-minidisc/libhimd'
cd himdtest/ && make -f Makefile 
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/erik/linux-minidisc/himdtest'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/erik/linux-minidisc/himdtest'
cd qhimdtransfer/ && make -f Makefile 
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/erik/linux-minidisc/qhimdtransfer'
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -I. -I../libhimd -I. -I. -o qhimdmainwindow.o qhimdmainwindow.cpp
qhimdmainwindow.cpp: In member function ‘void QHiMDMainWindow::dumppcm(himd*, int, QString)’:
qhimdmainwindow.cpp:52: error: ‘struct sox_signalinfo_t’ has no member named ‘length’
qhimdmainwindow.cpp:53: error: ‘struct sox_signalinfo_t’ has no member named ‘precision’
qhimdmainwindow.cpp:56: error: conversion from ‘QByteArray’ to ‘sox_bool (*)(const char*)’ is ambiguous
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qbytearray.h:345: note: candidates are: QByteArray::operator QNoImplicitBoolCast() const <near match>
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qbytearray.h:394: note:                 QByteArray::operator const void*() const <near match>
qhimdmainwindow.cpp:80: error: invalid conversion from ‘sox_sample_t*’ to ‘const sox_ssample_t*’
qhimdmainwindow.cpp:80: error:   initializing argument 2 of ‘sox_size_t sox_write(sox_format_t*, const sox_ssample_t*, sox_size_t)’
qhimdmainwindow.cpp:80: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
qhimdmainwindow.cpp:45: warning: unused variable ‘clipcount’
make[1]: *** [qhimdmainwindow.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/erik/linux-minidisc/qhimdtransfer'
make: *** [sub-qhimdtransfer-make_default] Error 2

I don't have a clue when it comes to QT (Perl, on the other hand...). ;)

Edited by LonelyMachines

D'oh! Tried it again today. Everything builds properly, except for qhimdtransfer. Qmake runs, but when I run make, I get this error:

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/erik/linux-minidisc/libhimd'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/erik/linux-minidisc/libhimd'
cd himdtest/ && make -f Makefile 
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/erik/linux-minidisc/himdtest'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/erik/linux-minidisc/himdtest'
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/erik/linux-minidisc/qhimdtransfer'
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -I. -I../libhimd -I. -I. -o qhimdmainwindow.o qhimdmainwindow.cpp
qhimdmainwindow.cpp: In member function ‘void QHiMDMainWindow::dumppcm(himd*, int, QString)’:
qhimdmainwindow.cpp:52: error: ‘struct sox_signalinfo_t’ has no member named ‘length’
qhimdmainwindow.cpp:53: error: ‘struct sox_signalinfo_t’ has no member named ‘precision’
qhimdmainwindow.cpp:56: error: conversion from ‘QByteArray’ to ‘sox_bool (*)(const char*)’ is ambiguous
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qbytearray.h:345: note: candidates are: QByteArray::operator QNoImplicitBoolCast() const <near match>
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qbytearray.h:394: note:                 QByteArray::operator const void*() const <near match>
qhimdmainwindow.cpp:80: error: invalid conversion from ‘sox_sample_t*’ to ‘const sox_ssample_t*’
qhimdmainwindow.cpp:80: error:   initializing argument 2 of ‘sox_size_t sox_write(sox_format_t*, const sox_ssample_t*, sox_size_t)’
qhimdmainwindow.cpp:80: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
qhimdmainwindow.cpp:45: warning: unused variable ‘clipcount’
make[1]: *** [qhimdmainwindow.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/erik/linux-minidisc/qhimdtransfer'
I don't have a clue when it comes to QT (Perl, on the other hand...). ;)
This looks pretty much that your "libsox"-Library is too old. You need to have at least version 14.2 or newer which is included in Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty) or newer. To check the installed version of libsox, type:
glaubitz@znote2:~> dpkg -l libsox-dev
Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
| Status=Not/Inst/Cfg-files/Unpacked/Failed-cfg/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
|/ Err?=(none)/Hold/Reinst-required/X=both-problems (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
||/ Name                            Version                         Description
+++-===============================-===============================-==============================================================================
ii  libsox-dev                      14.2.0-2                        Development files for the SoX library

You can either upgrade to Ubuntu 9.04 or build a more recent libsox-library from source. Please send me a PM for instructions for the latter.

Adrian

• 3 months later...

Hi folks,

haven't posted here for months. Nevertheless I want to keep anybody who is still interested in a free and cross-platform minidisc software informed. To make things short, here's the current status of the linux-minidisc project:

Things that work;

- Transfer of MP3s to the PC

- Transfer of PCMs, ATRAC3 and ATRAC3+ to the PC (recordings that were made with the MZ-RH1/M100/M200 only)

- Transfer of standard MDs with the PC with the MZ-RH1 direcly into ATRAC-SP format

- NetMD transfer to the PC via analog outputs but controlled from the PC

Things that are being worked on:

- Transfer of MP3s to HiMD

- Editing functions like renaming, removing and grouping tracks

- Formatting HiMDs

- Translation of the software into other languages

Things that require more investigation:

- Transfer of PCMs/ATRAC3s/ATRAC3+s to the PC recorded with 1st and 2nd generation HiMD

- Transfer of PCMs/ATRAC3s/ATRAC3+s to HiMD

- Transfer of tracks to NetMD devices

Moreover the graphical transfer tool is being continuously being improved.

I am attaching a screenshot taken on Windows to illustrate what's actually being worked on at the moment.

All software can be found here: https://wiki.physik.fu-berlin.de/linux-minidisc/

Regards,

Adrian

post-117781-125522028771_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks,

here a screenshot of the current version on MacOS (see attachment).

We're looking for people who want to help translating the software in their native language. Translation is very easy and can be compared to using Microsoft Word (no skills beyond that are necessary). Please follow the instructions here, if you want to help:

https://wiki.physik.fu-berlin.de/linux-minidisc/doku.php?id=translation

The instructions are not yet completed, I am very busy with lots of other things. But if anyone wants to help, let me know, I will send the instructions.

We have translators for the following languages so far:

- German

- Swedish

- Norwegian (bokm

post-117781-125611154342_thumb.png

• 1 month later...
Guest adrian82

Hello,

we are now providing pre-compiled versions for Windows, Ubuntu and MacOS X (the PPC has been just uploaded, the Intel version follows tomorrow). The app can now be easily installed without the knowledge of how to use a compiler ;).

Downloads:

https://wiki.physik.fu-berlin.de/linux-minidisc/doku.php#download

Any feedback is appreciated.

Have fun,

Adrian

Adrian,

I have an older version of QHiMDTransfer installed which does launch, but doesn't work very well.

I downloaded and put the Mac Intel version on my MacBook OS 10.5.8. However, it doesn't load. This the log from Console:

12/10/09 5:45:14 PM [0x0-0x323323].com.yourcompany.QHiMDTransfer[9835] dyld: Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/libmad.0.dylib

12/10/09 5:45:14 PM [0x0-0x323323].com.yourcompany.QHiMDTransfer[9835] Referenced from: /Applications/QHiMDTransfer.app/Contents/MacOS/QHiMDTransfer

12/10/09 5:45:14 PM [0x0-0x323323].com.yourcompany.QHiMDTransfer[9835] Reason: no suitable image found. Did find:

12/10/09 5:45:14 PM [0x0-0x323323].com.yourcompany.QHiMDTransfer[9835] /Applications/QHiMDTransfer.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libmad.0.dylib: unknown required load command 0x80000022

12/10/09 5:45:14 PM [0x0-0x323323].com.yourcompany.QHiMDTransfer[9835] /Applications/QHiMDTransfer.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libmad.0.dylib: unknown required load command 0x80000022

12/10/09 5:45:14 PM com.apple.launchd[68] ([0x0-0x323323].com.yourcompany.QHiMDTransfer[9835]) Exited abnormally: Trace/BPT trap

12/10/09 5:45:14 PM com.apple.launchd[68] ([0x0-0x323323].com.yourcompany.QHiMDTransfer[9835]) Exited abnormally: Trace/BPT trap

Adrian,

I have an older version of QHiMDTransfer installed which does launch, but doesn't work very well.

I downloaded and put the Mac Intel version on my MacBook OS 10.5.8. However, it doesn't load. This the log from Console:

Hmm, might be because I built the Intel version on Snow Leopard (10.6.2). Did you try the PPC version, it should work with Rosetta.

Adrian

• 2 months later...

Hi everybody. Any news in this battlefield? :)

Yes, there has been some development. Unfortunately people in this forum didn't show so much interest so I kept posting to the German forums and our mailing list.

Please check:

https://lists.fu-berlin.de/listinfo/linux-minidisc

which is the mailing list. You can subscribe to stay updated. Also, you may browse the archives public.

Adrian

Guest Talisin

Yes, there has been some development. Unfortunately people in this forum didn't show so much interest so I kept posting to the German forums and our mailing list.

Please check:

which is the mailing list. You can subscribe to stay updated. Also, you may browse the archives public.

Adrian

Upsss. Litle interest? Really? I could imagine that we here in this forum would be the most interested people in something like this :s.

Well, I have subscribed to the mailing list, but...is it in english or just in german? :S Cause English isn't my natural language, but I can defend myself with it, but german... :S

Upsss. Litle interest? Really? I could imagine that we here in this forum would be the most interested people in something like this :s.

Well, I have subscribed to the mailing list, but...is it in english or just in german? :S Cause English isn't my natural language, but I can defend myself with it, but german... :S

Nope, everything is kept in English. Just browse through the mailing lists archives through the link I posted above. We are working hard on write-support for MP3 on HiMD now and hope we can have it finished by summer.

Today I wrote a manual how you can qhimdtransfer on Ubuntu: https://wiki.physik.fu-berlin.de/linux-minidisc/doku.php?id=installingonubuntu.

There are also instructions how to upload standard from your MZ-RH1 to your Mac/Linux machine without the need of SonicStage:

https://wiki.physik.fu-berlin.de/linux-minidisc/doku.php?id=installingonubuntu

We are working very hard on improving things but our resources are limited.

Adrian

I get an Error message when clicking the application in Karmic

Indeed, this is a bug. I have checked the package for Ubuntu Karmic and it is broken at the moment. Thanks for letting me know. I will try to fix it as soon as possible. The version for Jaunty is affected as well. I will post a reply as soon as I have fixed the problem. It's related to an incompatibility with the Ubuntu build servers.

EDIT: I have fixed the bug and uploaded new source packages to Ubuntu. However, it will take about 3 hours until the Ubuntu servers will build the new packages. The servers appear to be very busy at the moment. Sorry for the inconvenience.

You can follow the build process here:

For i386: https://launchpad.net/~glaubitz/+archive/linux-minidisc/+build/1543626

For amd64: https://launchpad.net/~glaubitz/+archive/linux-minidisc/+build/1543625

PS: The Lucid version was not affected (otherwise I would have noticed myself ;)).

Adrian

Can't write to my disc at all!

I have a Walkman MZ-NH600, hooked up with all USB 2.0 stuff (i believe).

The button to transfer to the table is disabled. Will take a look at the source, and see how much I can decipher (only know S.I.M.P.L.E and VB...).

Yes, that is because we are still working on that. We're only a bunch of people and it's rather difficult to implement.

See: https://wiki.physik.fu-berlin.de/linux-minidisc/doku.php#status

and: https://wiki.physik.fu-berlin.de/linux-minidisc/doku.php?id=tasks

We hope to get support through this years' GSoC.

Adrian

• 1 month later...

Hey guys.

I just tried to build this for my linux distro (PCLinuxOS). Got these error messages during make:

[root@localhost linux-minidisc]# qmake -r

Reading /root/linux-minidisc/libhimd/libhimd.pro

Reading /root/linux-minidisc/himddump/himddump.pro

Reading /root/linux-minidisc/qhimdtransfer/qhimdtransfer.pro

Package sox was not found in the pkg-config search path.

Perhaps you should add the directory containing `sox.pc'

to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable

No package 'sox' found

No package 'sox' found

No package 'sox' found

Package taglib was not found in the pkg-config search path.

Perhaps you should add the directory containing `taglib.pc'

No package 'taglib' found

Any ideas?

Hey guys.

I just tried to build this for my linux distro (PCLinuxOS). Got these error messages during make:

(...)

Any ideas?

Yes, that clearly indicates that you are missing the development packages "sox" and "taglib" on PCLinuxOS. I have never used PCLinuxOS before so I cannot tell you how to install these. I don't have time right now since I'm about to leave for a party but I will check either once I return or tomorrow. I will reply in full detail with all necessary instructions.

You may try to Google for:

"PCLinuxOS packages sox"

and

"PCLinuxOS packages taglib"

or something like that.

But I will try to check back as soon as possible.

Thanks for your interest!

Greeting from Oslo, Norway.

Adrian

Greeting from Oslo, Norway.

Adrian

Greetings from Michigan USA!

And thank you for doing this. I can't tell you how glad I'd be to be able to use my MD equipment in Linux. I checked my system and I do have sox installed, but sox-devel is not installed and they are missing dependencies in the repository for my distro. Even checked ibiblio.... nothing.

Okay, taglib-devel is now installed.

So I've got sox installed, but I don't have sox-devel.

I installed git, and ran everything per the command line and got the stuff (according to my terminal window at least). But I still get the same errors. Could it be that my distro puts that stuff in another folder?

Is there any chance you guys can build an rpm of your software? I believe that PCLinuxOS is a Mandriva Linux derivative. We use rpms (but not Fedora rpms!).

you guy have no idea how much I appreciate your doing this for us Linux MD users.

Thank you!

UPDATE:

installed sox-devel

okay.

New output:

[stuff@localhost linux-minidisc]$ make

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/stuff/linux-minidisc/libhimd'

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/stuff/linux-minidisc/libhimd'

cd himddump/ && make -f Makefile

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/stuff/linux-minidisc/himddump'

g++ -Wl,--as-needed -Wl,--no-undefined -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-O1 -o himddump himddump.o -L../libhimd -L../libhimd -lhimd -lmad -lmcrypt -lglib-2.0

himddump.o: In function `himd_dumpnonmp3':

himddump.c:(.text+0x20c): undefined reference to `himd_nonmp3stream_read_block'

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

make[1]: *** [himddump] Error 1

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/stuff/linux-minidisc/himddump'

make: *** [sub-himddump-make_default] Error 2

[stuff@localhost linux-minidisc]$

Still having probs.

Hi,

UPDATE:

installed sox-devel

okay.

(...)

Still having probs.

looks like you're having problems with the linker.

Can you try the following:

cd linux-minidisc

make clean

qmake -r

make

That should build everything properly. Please note that you have to use qmake for Qt4. You can check if thats the case with:
qmake --version
or
qmake-qt4 --version
(If it's called qmake-qt4 or just qmake depends on your system). On my Fedora system, this gives me:
glaubitz@oslo:~> qmake-qt4 --version

QMake version 2.01a

Using Qt version 4.6.2 in /usr/lib

glaubitz@oslo:~> 

If you're still having problems compiling the code, please don't hesitate to join the mailing list or our IRC channel.

The mailing list can be found here:

And the IRC channel is #linux-minidisc on FreeNode.

It's highly recommended to join the mailing list if you want to keep updated. Furthermore, when you post your questions on the mailing list, there won't be only my two eyes taking a look at the problem but there are several experts to help you. All your questions can and will be answered there.

PS: Creating .rpm packages is on my TODO list. I haven't had yet the time to build some though. I have been using Debian/Ubuntu for a long time and have switched to Fedora only recently, so I need some time to learn the new environment until I can build packages.

Adrian

make clean worked fine.

qmake output:

[zoidmagnite@localhost linux-minidisc]$ qmake --version

QMake version 2.01a

[zoidmagnite@localhost linux-minidisc]$

ran qmake again:

Reading /home/zoidmagnite/linux-minidisc/libhimd/libhimd.pro

Reading /home/zoidmagnite/linux-minidisc/himddump/himddump.pro

Reading /home/zoidmagnite/linux-minidisc/qhimdtransfer/qhimdtransfer.pro

and new output running make:

[zoidmagnite@localhost linux-minidisc]$ make

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/zoidmagnite/linux-minidisc/libhimd'

gcc -c -pipe -O2 -pipe -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fomit-frame-pointer -march=i586 -mtune=generic -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -fPIC -Wall -W -DG_DISABLE_DEPRECATED=1 -DCONFIG_WITH_MCRYPT -DCONFIG_WITH_MAD -I/usr/lib/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -o encryption.o encryption.c

gcc -c -pipe -O2 -pipe -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fomit-frame-pointer -march=i586 -mtune=generic -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -fPIC -Wall -W -DG_DISABLE_DEPRECATED=1 -DCONFIG_WITH_MCRYPT -DCONFIG_WITH_MAD -I/usr/lib/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -o himd.o himd.c

gcc -c -pipe -O2 -pipe -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fomit-frame-pointer -march=i586 -mtune=generic -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -fPIC -Wall -W -DG_DISABLE_DEPRECATED=1 -DCONFIG_WITH_MCRYPT -DCONFIG_WITH_MAD -I/usr/lib/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -o mdstream.o mdstream.c

gcc -c -pipe -O2 -pipe -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fomit-frame-pointer -march=i586 -mtune=generic -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -fPIC -Wall -W -DG_DISABLE_DEPRECATED=1 -DCONFIG_WITH_MCRYPT -DCONFIG_WITH_MAD -I/usr/lib/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -o trackindex.o trackindex.c

gcc -c -pipe -O2 -pipe -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fomit-frame-pointer -march=i586 -mtune=generic -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -fPIC -Wall -W -DG_DISABLE_DEPRECATED=1 -DCONFIG_WITH_MCRYPT -DCONFIG_WITH_MAD -I/usr/lib/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -o sony_oma.o sony_oma.c

gcc -c -pipe -O2 -pipe -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fomit-frame-pointer -march=i586 -mtune=generic -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -fPIC -Wall -W -DG_DISABLE_DEPRECATED=1 -DCONFIG_WITH_MCRYPT -DCONFIG_WITH_MAD -I/usr/lib/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -o frag.o frag.c

rm -f libhimd.a

ar cqs libhimd.a encryption.o himd.o mdstream.o trackindex.o sony_oma.o frag.o

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/zoidmagnite/linux-minidisc/libhimd'

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/zoidmagnite/linux-minidisc/himddump'

gcc -c -pipe -O2 -pipe -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fomit-frame-pointer -march=i586 -mtune=generic -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -Wall -W -I/usr/lib/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I../libhimd -I../libhimd -o himddump.o himddump.c

g++ -Wl,--as-needed -Wl,--no-undefined -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-O1 -o himddump himddump.o -L../libhimd -L../libhimd -lhimd -lmad -lmcrypt -lglib-2.0

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/zoidmagnite/linux-minidisc/himddump'

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/zoidmagnite/linux-minidisc/qhimdtransfer'

/usr/lib/qt4/bin/uic qhimdaboutdialog.ui -o ui_qhimdaboutdialog.h

/usr/lib/qt4/bin/uic qhimdformatdialog.ui -o ui_qhimdformatdialog.h

/usr/lib/qt4/bin/uic qhimduploaddialog.ui -o ui_qhimduploaddialog.h

/usr/lib/qt4/bin/uic qhimdmainwindow.ui -o ui_qhimdmainwindow.h

g++ -c -pipe -O2 -pipe -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fomit-frame-pointer -march=i586 -mtune=generic -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -I/usr/include/taglib -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/lib/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/lib/qt4/include/QtCore -I/usr/lib/qt4/include/QtGui -I/usr/lib/qt4/include -I. -I../libhimd -I. -I. -o main.o main.cpp

cc1plus: error: bad value (generic) for -mcpu= switch

make[1]: *** [main.o] Error 1

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/zoidmagnite/linux-minidisc/qhimdtransfer'

Am I missing a library or something?

Perplexing...

make clean worked fine.

qmake output:

[zoidmagnite@localhost linux-minidisc]$ qmake --version

QMake version 2.01a

This looks very good actually.

ran qmake again:

Reading /home/zoidmagnite/linux-minidisc/libhimd/libhimd.pro

Reading /home/zoidmagnite/linux-minidisc/himddump/himddump.pro

Reading /home/zoidmagnite/linux-minidisc/qhimdtransfer/qhimdtransfer.pro

And this as well. No trouble up to here.

and new output running make:

Ok, now it's getting interesting ...

[zoidmagnite@localhost linux-minidisc]$ make

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/zoidmagnite/linux-minidisc/libhimd'

gcc -c -pipe -O2 -pipe -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fomit-frame-pointer -march=i586 -mtune=generic -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -fPIC -Wall -W -DG_DISABLE_DEPRECATED=1 -DCONFIG_WITH_MCRYPT -DCONFIG_WITH_MAD -I/usr/lib/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -o encryption.o encryption.c

gcc -c -pipe -O2 -pipe -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fomit-frame-pointer -march=i586 -mtune=generic -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -fPIC -Wall -W -DG_DISABLE_DEPRECATED=1 -DCONFIG_WITH_MCRYPT -DCONFIG_WITH_MAD -I/usr/lib/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -o himd.o himd.c

gcc -c -pipe -O2 -pipe -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fomit-frame-pointer -march=i586 -mtune=generic -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -fPIC -Wall -W -DG_DISABLE_DEPRECATED=1 -DCONFIG_WITH_MCRYPT -DCONFIG_WITH_MAD -I/usr/lib/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -o mdstream.o mdstream.c

gcc -c -pipe -O2 -pipe -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fomit-frame-pointer -march=i586 -mtune=generic -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -fPIC -Wall -W -DG_DISABLE_DEPRECATED=1 -DCONFIG_WITH_MCRYPT -DCONFIG_WITH_MAD -I/usr/lib/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -o trackindex.o trackindex.c

gcc -c -pipe -O2 -pipe -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fomit-frame-pointer -march=i586 -mtune=generic -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -fPIC -Wall -W -DG_DISABLE_DEPRECATED=1 -DCONFIG_WITH_MCRYPT -DCONFIG_WITH_MAD -I/usr/lib/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -o sony_oma.o sony_oma.c

gcc -c -pipe -O2 -pipe -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fomit-frame-pointer -march=i586 -mtune=generic -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -fPIC -Wall -W -DG_DISABLE_DEPRECATED=1 -DCONFIG_WITH_MCRYPT -DCONFIG_WITH_MAD -I/usr/lib/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -o frag.o frag.c

rm -f libhimd.a

ar cqs libhimd.a encryption.o himd.o mdstream.o trackindex.o sony_oma.o frag.o

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/zoidmagnite/linux-minidisc/libhimd'

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/zoidmagnite/linux-minidisc/himddump'

gcc -c -pipe -O2 -pipe -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fomit-frame-pointer -march=i586 -mtune=generic -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -Wall -W -I/usr/lib/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I../libhimd -I../libhimd -o himddump.o himddump.c

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/zoidmagnite/linux-minidisc/himddump'

Still ok. libhimd and himddump were properly built.

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/zoidmagnite/linux-minidisc/qhimdtransfer'

/usr/lib/qt4/bin/uic qhimdaboutdialog.ui -o ui_qhimdaboutdialog.h

/usr/lib/qt4/bin/uic qhimdformatdialog.ui -o ui_qhimdformatdialog.h

/usr/lib/qt4/bin/uic qhimduploaddialog.ui -o ui_qhimduploaddialog.h

/usr/lib/qt4/bin/uic qhimdmainwindow.ui -o ui_qhimdmainwindow.h

g++ -c -pipe -O2 -pipe -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fomit-frame-pointer -march=i586 -mtune=generic -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -I/usr/include/taglib -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/lib/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/lib/qt4/include/QtCore -I/usr/lib/qt4/include/QtGui -I/usr/lib/qt4/include -I. -I../libhimd -I. -I. -o main.o main.cpp

cc1plus: error: bad value (generic) for -mcpu= switch

make[1]: *** [main.o] Error 1

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/zoidmagnite/linux-minidisc/qhimdtransfer'

Ok, that's nasty. He is actually complaining that the compiler was called with the wrong CPU type.

Can you send me the Makefile located in the subdirectory "qhimdtransfer"? It seems that qmake created an invalid Makefile. For whatever reason I don't know. Maybe there is some specialty with PCLinuxOS. I just tried building everything on Fedora and had no problems at all.

Am I missing a library or something?

Definitely not. It's a rather weird problem.

Please join our mailing list and lets continue to discuss there. There is one guy among our developers who is a real expert regarding these problems.

Just send your Makefile together with your error output to the mailing list mail address.

Adrian

• 4 weeks later...

To cite professer Farnsworth from Futurama:

"Good news everyone!"

It is now possible with QHiMDTransfer to transfer ANY track on a HiMD Walkman to the computer.

ALL HiMD devices are supported now. I just successfully transfered a fully encrypted track (ATRAC3) with QHiMDTransfer running on Fedora Linux. The attached screenshot shows the transfer process. The full upload functionality is supported on ALL operating systems (Windows/MacOS/Linux) and does NOT require SonicStage to be installed at all.

We have, however, one problem. The new version of QHiMDTransfer contains some confidential stuff from Sony of which the distribution may be illegal in certain countries. Therefore, the new functionality has not yet been published until we know a safe and legal way to do that.

Adrian

post-117781-127543829142_thumb.png

• Like 1

Sony has abandoned its MiniDisc Format, and had shot itself in its foot by using all that encryption; my view is that you don't need to ask permission to publish a multi-platform software to freely transfer audio recorded with their old hardware to computers.

True, but thats not the point. It's nevertheless their intellectual property and in the US, where you can even have patents on software and can sue people to hell for violating these, I'd especially be careful. OpenMG is also used for Sony's UMD which is used in the PSP. Anyway.

In any case, congratulations on the achievement ! I hope you will share the final software as soon as possible :) !

We're building a Windows version today which we will share over Rapidshare.

Adrian

Hi,

we have created an inofficial version of QHiMDTransfer for Windows. A Mac version will follow shortly.

You may download the Windows version here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/394356752/QHiMDTransfer.exe.html

Please download install the official version first, then overwrite QHiMDTransfer.exe with the version supplied above.

Official version:

http://users.physik.fu-berlin.de/~glaubitz/linux-minidisc/qhimdtransfer-win.exe

Unofficial version for MacOS X (Intel), with support for all HiMD:

http://rapidshare.com/files/394413590/qhimdtransfer_macintel-drm.dmg.html

Please keep your donations and contributions going ;).

Adrian

Thank you Adrian. Minor problem, to be fixed in next release I understand. Only those tracks (or tracklets) that COMMENCE a recorded track will be uploaded. Any track created that starts AFTER a track mark that you make (jargon is "fragment") doesn't work yet.

A great achievement though!!! This the breakthrough we have waited for....

Stephen