MiniDisc Wiki?

Would You Like One?  

1. 1. ?

• Yes
    • No

Has there ever been a proposal for a MiniDisc Wiki? If not I think it'd be a great idea for these reasons:

-Easier and more familiar to navigate in the now Wiki world of the internet. Wiki environments are popular now, so it may attract future MD users to have such an accessible database.

-Less pressure on moderators to be the sole people to edit or add information. It'll community based! For a format that only now survives on community support.

I love how helpful the database has been but I'm going to offer a constructive criticism, the site itself looks rather dated (circa 1997 style html layout). Wiki will be more attractive and well organized. I don't mind being the one starting it so long as others pitch in. Who's interested? Of course I'll leave things the way they are if no one like's the idea.

IMO the database is good enough but a tad bit obsolete, wiki would be a good idea though, but there's allso the goodsides and downsides when everyone can edit them...yes, i'm speaking about the younger, downright fanatical MP3/iPod crew members who think MD is shit :lol:

but in the end...it is a good idea

Has there ever been a proposal for a MiniDisc Wiki? If not I think it'd be a great idea for these reasons:

-Easier and more familiar to navigate in the now Wiki world of the internet. Wiki environments are popular now, so it may attract future MD users to have such an accessible database.

-Less pressure on moderators to be the sole people to edit or add information. It'll community based! For a format that only now survives on community support.

I love how helpful the database has been but I'm going to offer a constructive criticism, the site itself looks rather dated (circa 1997 style html layout). Wiki will be more attractive and well organized. I don't mind being the one starting it so long as others pitch in. Who's interested? Of course I'll leave things the way they are if no one like's the idea.

The wiki format itself is fine and provides a lot of accessible information very fast. However, I am somewhat wary if it would mean that the content is publicly editable. How do you suggest the content be updated and moderated? I get a real sense of community from the current format - wouldn't want to dilute that!

FWIW, I maintain an internal wiki where I work. Although it is viewable company-wide, adding to or editing it is a different story. That part is regulated and requires an ID and password.

We actually have the system in place - this was something I wanted to do years ago. However, this is an enormous task. We would need quite a few people to contribute. I couldn't just let anyone edit it..we'd have to have a trusted group of editors.

That's completely understandable and the only big concern anyone has about the move to Wiki. If there's anyway I can help make it happen. I think that Wikia gives you the option to appove or prohibited people from signing up or editing your content:

http://www.wikia.com/wiki/Wikia