MZ-B10

Rate this topic

Deleted Member

Just a second folks.

I know this sounds like a good deal but I for one am reluctant to give someone new to the forum my email and paypal addresses, which is necessary for a purchase. I've noticed that there can be a propensity to get spam as companies figure a paypal address is a live customer, and the address gets passed around. No offence to OP, who is doing an excellent job.

I'm really sorry to jump in like this. But I just wrote an email to the same place that Barock and I bought B10's from and, guess what? Right off the bat, for group purchase, they are willing to --almost-- match the price we are being quoted here. I prefer not to mention money at this precise instant because it maybe completely irrelevant if you blow me off, and because I don't want to put the nice lady there in a difficult position. She did say:

But i am open to bold offers as do not want to chase business away :o)

Now I do not want to organise it, especially since I am not in England (Barock????).

Even if the price was a little more, maybe we would all feel a bit more comfy dealing directly with an established commercial firm. I suppose the same problem might apply for payment but I am pretty sure these guys will take Visa.

What do you think?

(added) BTW one comment about these highly desirable machines... they WILL run on a "standard" 3V DC minidisc power supply (or a generic one from the drugstore as long as the right connector).

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The eBay trader was based in Hampshire, UK. Bought my two B10's from them in May, and to be honest it was a perfect transaction, very quick. They don't seem to have any items at all for sale at the moment though.

Skogen's deal is just as good though, I paid £69 for each, plus p & p.

Edited by Barock

There's always "another" supplier out there, I don't care, I'm in, I just want my B10. I was willing to pay easily double this price and I still lost out several times on Ebay. There was one for sale last week at $200 USD buy it now but I gawked at the price. I think you've mentioned that the "other" supplier is also a bulk purchase arrangement so you'd have to go through the same process again, getting together enough people, etc...and I agree, there's no harm in providing my Paypal address, I'm not giving my password and judging by the volume of spam and phishing email I already get it seems like there's very few people who DON'T already have my Paypal address.

Anyway, I'm in, hope we get to 10 people and we can just get this thing ordered.

I really thought there was more interest. Anyone (else) want to ante up for a two? I was hoping there'd be enough to get the price reduced slightly.

One for your girlfriend, boyfriend, mother, father, sister, brother, cousin, nephew,

uncle, aunt, grandma, grandpa, son, daughter, mistress, teacher, boss, employee? :declare:

Hello?

Edited by narp

I have little use for this, really, but heck, another Type S portable - with speakers! - wouldn't hurt too much ;-)

So I confirmed with Skogens that I am in.

Nice thing is, it's small enough that I can probably get it past my wife without too many questions.

Just received conformation from the supplier that all details were received and that processing them has begun today. All of you who sent me their details, will be contacted by the supplier in the next couple of days. Wish that everything will work out fine.

It would be nice if you'd give some feedback here after receiving your unit!

It turns out that the total cost is ~132 USD. which seems like more than I thought it would come out to.

I have to admit I am having second thoughts.

I was thinking more like 100, maybe 110 usd, based on 60 euros. I guess this was being too optimistic. Not sure yet what I'll do.

This unit will initially serve several functions:

Primary on-the-go player/recorder when I don't require PCM.

Backup unit (all my current and future MD units will serve this function).

Shiny--oh wait, that's not a function. :)

I do understand your sticker shock a little. The price ended up being 70 euros rather than 60 and the shipping quote is rather steep. The shipping is probably the main issue. Hopefully it is an expedited fully insured tracked service. For the price, if it isn't, my feedback will reflect that.

I'll admit the price ends up higher than the original estimate, however keep in mind shipping costs are what they are, he's not trying to scam us. The way I see it is this unit goes for $200 on Ebay and Amazon, so you're still saving at LEAST $70.

My intentions for this unit are to use it for dictational letters... remember "taped letters"? I used to make micro cassettes and regular analog tapes to send to my best friend across the states... I've made a couple CDs after recording to MD but even with the mini mic plug-in it always seemed like a hassle somehow recording with the RH10 I used to have, or the RH1, etc because the record "button" is a tiny SLIDER type control; not that easy to quickly puch while driving the car (I do a lot of the dication while driving). This MZ-B10 looks like a robust old tape recorder with a big RECORD button and pause etc. Then I'll just transfer the audio in realtime to the computer to make a CD.

I have no idea. I had a bad experience leaving a gadget in a car (one that you're SUPPOSED to leave--a radar detector) during a very hot day in a southern latitude and the LCD was toasted. After that, I never left anything like that in a car again.

audiobooks! This unit has speed control with auto pitch adjustment.

You sold me all over again. AWWWWWW

In car listening, I use MZ-S1. Is this a stable unit to take heats in the car?

You can speed up and slow down playback. If you've ever listened to an audio presentation (or even a video one) you'd know that frequently the speaker goes very............very.....................................verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

rrrrry slowly. Now, some people appreciate this--I don't. On the flip-side, therearealsospeakerswhospeakveryveryquicklyandthatcanbenotveryidealeither. With speed adjust that automatically adjusts pitch you can speed up a presentation without getting that "Alvin and the Chipmunks" effect and you can slow it down without it sounding like Lurch from the Addams Family.

What do you use speed adjust for??

The primary use, though, is for your own personal dictation. When you're dictating a letter, memo, diary, book, or whatever--you're either mid-thought and you're going "um, um.. and.. scratch that" or you're going very fast and if you want to transcribe it (or someone else wants to) it's helpful to speed things along or slow things down.

What do you use speed adjust for??

It's great for music learning and practice - difficult music passages can be slowed down, or for speeding up slow tracks if you fancy playing faster, without changing the musical pitch. Quite a bit in fact, more than some 'professional' music trainers, eg. Tascam and Marantz.

It can also be used for audio transcription and language learning.

Of course when I said presentations I also meant classes--but the whole music learning thing...of course! That's brilliant.

It's great for music learning and practice - difficult music passages can be slowed down, or for speeding up slow tracks if you fancy playing faster, without changing the musical pitch. Quite a bit in fact, more than some 'professional' music trainers, eg. Tascam and Marantz.

It can also be used for audio transcription and language learning.

Of course when I said presentations I also meant classes--but the whole music learning thing...of course! That's brilliant.

That's right, that's my main use for the B10. It all goes a bit wobbly at the higher settings, but still playable. Quite a brilliant implementation of the pitch (speed) control.