MZ-B10

Rate this topic

Deleted Member

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine came to 155.55 CAD lol

Paid in full, so I can't wait for it to arrive now, 2 - 3 days airmail :)

I am a little late, but paid for my order today, it came to less than 135USD including shipping! Pretty great deal in my opinion. I am looking forward to receiving it!

Thanks Mr. Skogens!

Just a quick note on how it is useful to always be aware of how the exchange rate effects perception. You can get a very good approximation by using Google's calculation capabilities. Generally you can type in something like:

convertcadtousdexample.jpg

You can replace either with units like gbp, euro, yen, yuan, etc. To see a full list, you can also use the converter on this page using drop-down lists:

Google Finance - Currency Converter

The approximations are quite good, but I would also be careful not to quibble over minor differences when engaged in an actual transaction. After all, it isn't usually Google's tables that sellers are going by--they are either using PayPal or their own bank's estimate. All in all, though, it's plenty accurate--so if you do this before committing to a transaction you can go into it with full knowledge of what you're getting into.

So, just to review what the history off this offer was:

The estimate topped out at 70 euros for the unit itself (which is exactly what the final price ended up being) with an estimate for 25 usd for shipping. Someone else mentioned that if the shipping went as high as 40 cad (25 euro) that would not be unreasonable. So the top-end estimate before anyone committed was 95 euros. 95 euros comes to $133.06 USD and $153.89 CAD. No one should have had cause to back out of this based on price. If they simply changed their mind, that's of course their prerogative.

Edited by narp

The shiny one has arrived. :) Is there an older thread in the feedback forum for this particular seller?

I think the way things work here it will be at least next Thursday before I se mine, is it as nice in the flesh as it is in the pictures, how does it sound through it's own speakers, i think it will be my workmate at the power plant so I don't have to wear headphones,

Luck you

Bob

It sounds a little tinny through the speakers, but I think the fact that the sound quality through the speakers wasn't stellar was a known quantity. Unless you're listening to lectures, I'd say you'd still need to hook it up with headphones or better speakers. It's not really metal, so it is surprisingly light until you add the batteries. I am happy enough with it, though--I'll post more detail in a separate thread in the MD/MDLP forum later.

I think the way things work here it will be at least next Thursday before I se mine, is it as nice in the flesh as it is in the pictures, how does it sound through it's own speakers, i think it will be my workmate at the power plant so I don't have to wear headphones,

Luck you

Bob

I have little use for this, really, but heck, another Type S portable - with speakers! - wouldn't hurt too much ;-)

So I confirmed with Skogens that I am in.

Nice thing is, it's small enough that I can probably get it past my wife without too many questions.

I just noticed that the posted picture in this thread is a FAKE!!!!!!

Quite apart from the display showing every option lit up at once, there is clearly written Type-R on the front of the unit. But mine (and yours) should show Type-S which is Type-R with LP playback enhancement.

Just thought you'd be amused.

That is very amusing. Remember those are linked from the equipment page gallery. Are they press release photos or something?

I just noticed that the posted picture in this thread is a FAKE!!!!!!

Quite apart from the display showing every option lit up at once, there is clearly written Type-R on the front of the unit. But mine (and yours) should show Type-S which is Type-R with LP playback enhancement.

Just thought you'd be amused.

For those that missed it, there's still another opportunity, but it's a more expensive option--yet still better than you'll see elsewhere:

Sony Portable Minidisc Recorder MZ-B10

It appears Microlink has decided to post 15 units here. I don't know if this is their entire remaining stock, but I thought I'd let people know.

P.S. Someone with an account on audiotstation should alert the people over there. Thanks.

P.P.S. Wow--I just noticed. The quoted S & H is more than doubled. I don't think I can recommend this--but if you really want one, it's an option.

Edited by narp

Yay mine came in today. It actually came in yesterday, but my brother didn't feel it was his duty to answer the door when I was at work. The only thing that bugged me was the government taking a nice little sum of money from me for "Import fees". Another $35, bringing the total to about $180, still less than elsewhere though.

It came in and it's perfect. I'm glad I actually got one of these models, nice features in it. I love having the speaker for when I'm working on something in the basement or what not. Overall, I'm extremely happy with this little recorder. Thanks a ton for putting the trade together and letting us know about it Skogens!

I think much of the import fees are down to the importer. The duty and tax on $100 item should be of the order of $15. UPS is way worse than Fedex, more like $35 fees (that's before the government).

The government is NOT charging you a fee. Even when I get something through the post, there is a fee of $5 (if they have to open assess and clear it) and I suspect that goes to Canada Post, not the Government of Canada.

I received mine today. I amazes me that it was shipped on Monday in the UK and was on my door step in Ohio midday on Wednesday! Sweet little unit, I really like it. It is fun to get them brand new too. Does anyone know what this unit sold for originally?

Edited by Azureal

According to the gear browser, approximately $216 USD.

I received mine today. I amazes me that it was shipped on Monday in the UK and was on my door step in Ohio midday on Wednesday! Sweet little unit, I really like it. It is fun to get them brand new too. Does anyone know what this unit sold for originally?

I like mine a lot. Very happy I got one. Only thing I really wish it had is a time stamp. Wouldn't that be useful for business notes or whatever else you would use this kind of recorder for? I don't understand why time stamping isn't available on more units.

Got mine today, came in last week, but airport and customs didn't let me know, did a short listen, sounds pretty fair, will do well at the power plant where headphones aren't an option. Thanks skogens for finding them

Got a chuckle from the customs agent, asked if it was another minidisc, at least I'm training him, should give him one so he hears what he is missing!

Bob